BMW Atlantis Suit

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Terry_RT

BMW Atlantis Suit

Post by Terry_RT »

Greetings fellow riders,
I m looking forward to buying a good leather suit and I always had in mind the Atlantis Suit, although is pretty expensive. Many people have reported having it for 8+ years and so..
So, I m wondering if anyone has experience with it both in Cold rainy weather and also in the summer.
Thank you

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

all these moments shall be lost, like tears in the rain...
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: BMW Atlantis Suit

Post by beemerboy9 »

I have given up wearing leathers in high summer, particularly behind a barn-door RT fairing - I now wear an Airflow Jacket and Jeans.

Remember that leathers are great for abrasion resistance - but offer no extra protection against impacts over a textile suit.

I cannot stop some ladies stroking the nubuck suede, which is pleasant if you're partial to that sort of thing.  ^-^

John Bentall
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

I always wear leather trousers but a gortex or similar jacket. I find leather keeps me more planted on the seat, offers more padding and I generally feel more protected.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Pickaxe wrote: I find leather keeps me more planted on the seat, offers more padding and I generally feel more protected.
+1. I tried Airflow jacket and Atlantis jeans at 31C in a well-heated Italian mountain valley = nether regions too hot for me.
John Bentall
Terry_RT

Post by Terry_RT »

Well I have the airflow suit since 2012 and I love it. I ve gone to the warmest climates with it. But I want something moderate.. that's why  I ask you. Also I m planning a trip to nordkapp  next year, so I think Atlantis will be great.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

all these moments shall be lost, like tears in the rain...