Learning the RT #5 - Counter-Steering & Overtaking Practice

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Learning the RT #5 - Counter-Steering & Overtaking Practice

Post by Ganesh »

I forgot to mention that I went on the Police Bikesafe day with the Surrey Police, probably the best £50 spent. Not sure about the counter steering discussion I found it more like skiing, getting the weight shifted using the hips. I also finally worked out how to post a video on Youtube, it's the first part of the commute to work. It's the A3 after this section and not that interesting. The overtakes were safer than it looks as I can see down the inside of the van and over the tops of the cars before starting the manouevre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1MeYA8PYU

thanks and regards, Ganesh
guest5111

Re: Learning the RT #5 - Counter-Steering & Overtaking Practice

Post by guest5111 »

Nice bit of video Ganesh. If you watch my earlier vids you'll see I struggle to get the horizon straight on my Drift Ghost. Now you need to suss out the microphone and give us some comms. My thing with Youtube is to keep learning, try new things (sometimes they don't work!) but put it all down to experience. I like to re-watch my own footage to see where I can improve too. Thanks for sharing.  :D