Bad bike iPod cable?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Bad bike iPod cable?

Post by Rambler358 »

Has anyone ever had their bike's iPod cable replaced?  I'm having an issue where when an iPod is connected, that the music will sometimes stop playing, offer when I turn off the bike and then on again music fails to play.  The bike says the iPod is recognized but nothing plays. And sometimes when I start the bike it plays fine. It's not the accessory iPod cable that's the issue, as my dealer swapped it with a new one and the same thing happens.  So my dealer is ordering the iPod cable that's attached to the bike, and will call med when they're ready to replace it.

Was just curious if anyone else had the bike's iPod cable replaced.
bighopper

Re: Bad bike iPod cable?

Post by bighopper »

I got a cable prior to getting the 2016 RT, but after looking into how the system works, got a USB stick 16GB & filled it with music. No problems with space in the left box &/or Ipod's.
Rambler358

Post by Rambler358 »

Yes, a USB stick works well, but I use iTunes and it's really inconvenient to export a new song, convert it and then copy it on the flash drive.  Where as I just sync my iPod or iPhone with iTunes and it's done.
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

My brother had this issue on his K1600GT.
Solved by replacing the cable with one which came with a BMW part number and price ticket.
The eBay version worked some of the time, the BMW version just worked.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Rambler358

Post by Rambler358 »

@gogs01 - this is not the cable that you need to buy, it's the iPod cable that's attached to the bike itself.