Problem connecting a Nav V

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest2360

Problem connecting a Nav V

Post by guest2360 »

I have just tried connecting a Nav V for a map update.  On two separate computers  I get a message that the USB devise is not recognised even though the Nav screen shows it is connected but then reverts to the normal screen, After  numerous attempts my tablet told me the device had exceeded the available power output of the terminal and the PC said the connection had failed and the device must be defective. Anybody had similar problems.  The Nv V is working normally by the way.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Problem connecting a Nav V

Post by T6pilot »

Make sure your using the Garmin supplied cable, I had the same issues using non factory cable
Jim
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I do find that some of my cables work and some don't.

Turns out you can get usb cables that power stuff but are not able to transfer data.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

T6pilot wrote: Make sure your using the Garmin supplied cable, I had the same issues using non factory cable
[

It’s the correct supplied cable for sure and I have used it on earlier updates. I’m wondering if it’s a battery problem.  It had been allowed to flatten and had to be plugged unto a bike to wake it up.  It’s showing charged now but might just be knackered. 
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

Did you try using Garmin express, even though got the not connected message?
The NAV V connects using a different method (can't remember what it's called) to Windows machine & NOT MASS STORAGE as you see other devices.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

bighopper wrote: Did you try using Garmin express, even though got the not connected message?
The NAV V connects using a different method (can't remember what it's called) to Windows machine & NOT MASS STORAGE as you see other devices.
Yes always use Express which incidentally has crashed this afternoon.  Gets better all the time.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Looks like T6pilot and staying upright are correct.  I have discovered the cable was one bought to replace the lost OEM one.  My Spyder is fitted with a Garmin 590 and although it’s cable is shorter and looks thicker the Nav V is now loading the maps with it. Thanks chaps.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Does this mean that the Garmin cable fits the BMW Nav V.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

Most of my usb micro and mini cables will only charge. I had to buy a few good ones that will charge and data transfer for my pc to even recognise them.

I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.