Helmet Speaker Mod - Road Test and Final Tweeks

BMW R1200RT/R1250RT Photo's & Videos that you may find interesting to the community
guest5111

Helmet Speaker Mod - Road Test and Final Tweeks

Post by guest5111 »

Just a quick update on the mod I made to my Scala Rider QZ headphones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk5WrfvaMEo
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Re: Helmet Speaker Mod - Road Test and Final Tweeks

Post by exportman »

Hi

Couple of comments (not about the head set)
first  be aware of your digital speed display in the centre of the console its easy to read.
Second  Slip road onto motorway.  Gentle left hand bend  road works sign about half way along it.  Nothing behind you.  I would have considered using lane two.  It would extend the view and no one behind would have been inconvenienced. 
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

Appreciate the feedback. There was actually a car behind me - the one that overtakes just as I enter Lane #1. He was in my blind spot up the slip road, just off my right shoulder, so doesn't appear in the mirrors. That's why I go silent for a few secs then as I plan what to do. He was pushing me on the entrance to the slip road, so I decided to keep in front of him but stick to the limit, letting him go as we entered the M45.
Could/should I have done it any differently?
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Post by exportman »

Nope  as you said he wasn't visible in the mirrors  so I could not see. If they are pushing  and its safe  let them past  give them some distance so if they wrap it up  you have space to get out of the way.

I always look at the 2 second bubble as being 4 seconds  2 in front and 2 behind  if someone is too close behind  I try to make more space in front
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Glad the audio mod is working well - one to ponder.  At the moment I only use an Interphone headset for sat nav (Nav5).  It is fine for that, but lacks a bit of volume at motorway speeds.  One of the joys of the bike is to escape the phone.  Music?  Jury is still out on that one, but for the moment I prefer to be alone with my tinnitus :)
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

exportman wrote: Nope  as you said he wasn't visible in the mirrors  so I could not see. If they are pushing  and its safe  let them past  give them some distance so if they wrap it up  you have space to get out of the way.

I always look at the 2 second bubble as being 4 seconds  2 in front and 2 behind  if someone is too close behind  I try to make more space in front
Thanks. That's what I do in the car if I'm being tailgated, so that works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest5111

Post by guest5111 »

Sprintgull wrote: Glad the audio mod is working well - one to ponder.  At the moment I only use an Interphone headset for sat nav (Nav5).  It is fine for that, but lacks a bit of volume at motorway speeds.  One of the joys of the bike is to escape the phone.  Music?  Jury is still out on that one, but for the moment I prefer to be alone with my tinnitus :)
My phone is connected but I've never used it and don't plan to really. The music helps me focus though, a little bit of opera or classical isn't intrusive, just replaces the wind noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk