2011 R1200RT Polar metalic
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: tall screen for sale (UK)

Post by simbo »

Oldbrook wrote: Got a Z technik on mine and love it, so much better than stock. Dave

+1, Except in 30c temps! That's when the stock one becomes better.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
ds99

Post by ds99 »

I took my RT to spain last year and the dash read 39 deg C. I could have done without all that fairing and screen then!
ds99

Post by ds99 »

bandytales

Post by bandytales »

ds99 wrote: I took my RT to spain last year and the dash read 39 deg C. I could have done without all that fairing and screen then!
Are you sure?
I had my RT in Spain when it was hot and I was really thankful for it. Here's why. There are so many mean and nasty bugs - also dozy from the heat, and without the screen, they would be hitting me and potentially stinging me. At least with the screen I can have my visor cracked open, which I wouldn't have done without it.
Ganesh
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ganesh »

+1, ride down through France to Lucca. The screen was brilliant at stopping the wildlife making a mess of the crash helmet and the clothes. Also allowed me to lift the visor and now and again when it got too hot lift the flip-front.
Haven't looked at a different screen as the standard seems to work for me, then again I'm not that tall that my head sticks out with the screen fully extended. I do notice that when it is fully deployed it makes the front go light in cross winds and higher speeds in Europe:)
thanks and regards, Ganesh
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Ganesh wrote:
Haven't looked at a different screen as the standard seems to work for me,
Believe me, the Werks Quiet Ride transforms the ride. I'm 5'10" and run the 24" screen, and a lot of the time the screen is only raised a tad, and the noise and wind blast disappears. When the weather is rough, I do have to raise it more though. It was money well spent.