General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: Bowing out

Post by simbo »

julianq wrote: Personally I know I am on a learning curve and have no desire to share my learning with the public, mates and other riders present are enough.

That's the difference! B2TB posted his videos and asked for comments! When he didn't get the comments he liked or thought constructive towards himself and his riding,  he spat the dummy. Just 'my'  opinion though! And we all know what that counts for  :)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

simbo wrote:
That's the difference! B2TB posted his videos and asked for comments! When he didn't get the comments he liked or thought constructive towards himself and his riding,  he spat the dummy. Just 'my'  opinion though! And we all know what that counts for  :)
+1
guest5112

Post by guest5112 »

There is a way that normal, socially adjusted people provide their feedback or opinion. I don’t think any reasonable person would have an issue with that. On another R1200RT forum I was trying to help a guy understand why his wonder wheel was not turning his seat heat on or off. I made him a video showing how to access the menu on my bike which is a 2018. Some happy person that apparently has a lot of sunshine in their life had to jump right in, vigorously pointing out my ignorance on different model features. So I ask you this, why do that ? Why not just say, your bike has something his does not. Is it because it’s someone with a small vegetable patch that has to dive right in, power maximum to prove that they know more or derive great pleasure from returning you to your status of ignoramus ? I have since left that group. I get exactly where B2B is coming from and actually the first thing I read when coming to this forum was a message from what I assume is the moderator about people’s unnecessary criticism and how it is affecting participation on this forum. When I ask for an opinion, it takes nothing to answer politely.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Greg L wrote: There is a way that normal, socially adjusted people provide their feedback or opinion. I don’t think any reasonable person would have an issue with that. On another R1200RT forum I was trying to help a guy understand why his wonder wheel was not turning his seat heat on or off. I made him a video showing how to access the menu on my bike which is a 2018. Some happy person that apparently has a lot of sunshine in their life had to jump right in, vigorously pointing out my ignorance on different model features. So I ask you this, why do that ? Why not just say, your bike has something his does not. Is it because it’s someone with a small vegetable patch that has to dive right in, power maximum to prove that they know more or derive great pleasure from returning you to your status of ignoramus ? I have since left that group. I get exactly where B2B is coming from and actually the first thing I read when coming to this forum was a message from what I assume is the moderator about people’s unnecessary criticism and how it is affecting participation on this forum. When I ask for an opinion, it takes nothing to answer politely.

+1 Totally agree. Well said.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Greg L wrote: There is a way that normal, socially adjusted people provide their feedback or opinion. I don’t think any reasonable person would have an issue with that. On another R1200RT forum I was trying to help a guy understand why his wonder wheel was not turning his seat heat on or off. I made him a video showing how to access the menu on my bike which is a 2018. Some happy person that apparently has a lot of sunshine in their life had to jump right in, vigorously pointing out my ignorance on different model features. So I ask you this, why do that ? Why not just say, your bike has something his does not. Is it because it’s someone with a small vegetable patch that has to dive right in, power maximum to prove that they know more or derive great pleasure from returning you to your status of ignoramus ? I have since left that group. I get exactly where B2B is coming from and actually the first thing I read when coming to this forum was a message from what I assume is the moderator about people’s unnecessary criticism and how it is affecting participation on this forum. When I ask for an opinion, it takes nothing to answer politely.

I also think you have made a valid point and are correct. But having re-read the threads as Levisip did, what was so wrong and what was said. There was only constructive comments which he had asked for, he didn't say, only comment if your saying nice things.  This is all a mountain out of a molehill. Its an online forum, very few know each other, its not an old boys club or the officers mess where membership is controlled and vetted, its also not a playground where you have to run to teacher. We supposedly are all grown ups. If someone really has a problem with someones comments, then as stated before, either PM them and tell them and sort it out like grown ups. This could turn out to be the longest thread ever  :whistle:
guest5112

Post by guest5112 »

Casbar wrote:
I also think you have made a valid point and are correct. But having re-read the threads as Levisip did, what was so wrong and what was said. There was only constructive comments which he had asked for, he didn't say, only comment if your saying nice things.  This is all a mountain out of a molehill. Its an online forum, very few know each other, its not an old boys club or the officers mess where membership is controlled and vetted, its also not a playground where you have to run to teacher. We supposedly are all grown ups. If someone really has a problem with someones comments, then as stated before, either PM them and tell them and sort it out like grown ups. This could turn out to be the longest thread ever  :whistle:

Yes, many apologies. Didn’t mean to extend this out into a judicial enquiry 😂 Honestly, I don’t know what was said exactly nor do we need to go back and hold each comment to the flame of justice. I think it all just comes down to common decency. You are quite right, we don’t know one another, yet all share a common passion. Let’s at least be polite to each other when speaking of that common passion 👍🏻 Ride safe !
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Greg L wrote:
Yes, many apologies. Didn’t mean to extend this out into a judicial enquiry 😂 Honestly, I don’t know what was said exactly nor do we need to go back and hold each comment to the flame of justice. I think it all just comes down to common decency. You are quite right, we don’t know one another, yet all share a common passion. Let’s at least be polite to each other when speaking of that common passion 👍🏻 Ride safe !

Well said, but to finish this off - you all realise Quartz Blue is the fasted colour  :alas:
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Casbar wrote:
Well said, but to finish this off - you all realise Quartz Blue is the fasted colour  :alas:

You do realise 'Quartz Blue' was the left over paint BMW used in their brief experiment with manufacturing 'Cement Mixers'? Anyway, bfn, I'm off to tend my vegetable patch 👍
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

simbo wrote:
You do realise 'Quartz Blue' was the left over paint BMW used in their brief experiment with manufacturing 'Cement Mixers'? Anyway, bfn, I'm off to tend my vegetable patch 👍

lol -  ;)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

simbo wrote:
No, sorry, it’s San Marino Blue😉👍
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Casbar wrote:
f
I used to agree with this statement,  till I traded my quartz blue for a 2018 model.  Now I have to say White is the fastest/coolest
Now the mission is to find BTBs dummy
guest5112

Post by guest5112 »

Mars Red....everyone knows red is faster be
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Greg L wrote: Mars Red....everyone knows red is faster be

Hmnnn? Metallic 'red' is usually just a coloured lacquer over a base coat (of silver (grey) providing a deeper shade of red with the more coats applied, faster down hill due to the extra weight possibly? But a good 3 seconds slower 0-60 (especially uphill) overall! Terrible fuel consumption due to the extra weight too 👍

Ps. Was 'the dummy' found on Mars by the way? Last I heard it was orbiting earth at a ferocious rate due to being thrown so hard! So hard NK was building their Lego launch site ready for a rocket strike on the US.
That's what it said in the Mail online anyway 😁
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Maz12 wrote: f
I used to agree with this statement,  till I traded my quartz blue for a 2018 model.  Now I have to say White is the fastest/coolest
Now the mission is to find BTBs dummy

Love white, no extra cost colour as well. But do you get a Polite vest with the bike  8)
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Ha,  Nope,  although I do have a white helmet...  I don't bother with the high viz vests especially the 'Polite' ones.
I cringe whenever I see one,  and the seem upset when I overtake them. 😉