Newbie!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
euphony290

Newbie!

Post by euphony290 »

Hi everyone.

I am not sure where to place this, my first post on this forum, but chose this page as there doesn't seem to be an 'Introduce Yourself' on the forum; forgive me if I simply missed it.

I collect my 2015 1200RT on Wednesday (7/2/18) and looking forward to it very much. Previously, my bike has been an FJR (Yamaha) for the past 5 years. That is a good bike and tourer although the weight is an issue for many owners. I rode the RT several times at my local dealer in Dorchester and was smitten. The price was an issue for a while but now I find myself able to splash-out and join the huge number of riders of the RT's I often see whilst out on fun-runs.

I am looking forward to searching the forum and learning from many owners about the issues and joys etc that come up from time-to-time.

Thanks and regards
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: Newbie!

Post by simbo »

Hello & welcome! Here's Wishing you many a safe mile on the road with your new steed 👍

Ps. Don't read the 'problems & faults' section lol
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Welcome and enjoy the 3 piece luggage. !!!!!
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Welcome Euphony290
I hope you get the same amount of enjoyment as I do with my RT and safe riding

Ps.
Maybe best not to put a video up showing us how we should ride an RT  ;)
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Welcome and enjoy your RT. Agree about the FJR, had a few, a really great bike but a wee bit heavy for me in my dotage. Lovely turbine of an engine though.

Chris
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Welcome.  I'm another ex-FJR rider.  Great bike, but the RT is better.
Enjoy  !  ;)
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Welcome aboard!

My 2016 RT came from the same dealer - good guys, been dealing with them for years.  It's a brilliant bike, no plans to change it for a good few years yet!
Cornishboy16

Post by Cornishboy16 »

Welcome, I am new to the RT as well been living with it now for just over 8 months. I must say that I am really enjoying it as a daily commuter

Enjoy and Ride safe
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

gogs01 wrote: Welcome.  I'm another ex-FJR rider.  Great bike, but the RT is better.
Enjoy  !  ;)
Other opinions are available.  ;D
Chris
euphony290

Post by euphony290 »

Thank you to all respondees. Interesting to read your comments.

I am impressed with my local dealer (CW, at Dorchester) and the dealer I bought my bike from (Ocean, Plymouth) as they are very accommodating, helpful, friendly etc.  I bought from Plymouth only due to them having an RT, in the colour and year that I required, and the fact that the Dorchester dealer sold their one-and-only bike (same colour) the day before I enquired.

I have been out a few times since the purchase and found the RT to be very comfortable, easy to ride, stable and lighter, as well as giving a 'floating' feeling on the road. It is so easy to maneuver and corners so well. I feel the difference, however, dropping from an inline 4 cylinder (FJR) and this Boxer twin, when pulling-away from the start whereby the FJR didn't need any revs at all until coasting but the twin (RT) needs some revs to pull-away, otherwise it stalls. That aside, I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to riding this bike for around 6,000 per annum, including my annual trip/tour in Normandy each year, and all around Dorset, Somerset and Devon, on daily run-outs (including West Bay - Bridport - on Sundays). Thanks again to all who have welcomed me! Much appreciated!!!!
Ron