I think it's a shame he was made to feel like this about the forum

https://youtu.be/E6iZTncvlyY
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Re: Back 2 Biking forum review

Post by BoB21 »

Watched week ago and agree with you. Really liked his videos and he would have been an asset on forum.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

No, not a shame really. I say that because as a so called ‘professional’ trainer, he happily waffles on in his YouTube vlogs to all and sundry, and then appears to get silly and childish when confronted with a forum post that he doesn’t like! Well, this is the world of the internet, and if you don’t like it, then don’t post vlogs/posts etc without being prepared to take criticism and credit if due! I just find the overreaction to some forum members rather daft. Just my two penneth......
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Steve F wrote: No, not a shame really. I say that because as a so called ‘professional’ trainer, he happily waffles on in his YouTube vlogs to all and sundry, and then appears to get silly and childish when confronted with a forum post that he doesn’t like! Well, this is the world of the internet, and if you don’t like it, then don’t post vlogs/posts etc without being prepared to take criticism and credit if due! I just find the overreaction to some forum members rather daft. Just my two penneth......
+1
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

I managed 6 minutes before deciding he's an 'attention seeking' prick!.. He's the sort of person who'd video you dying on the floor for anal gratification on his youtube channel before offering help!  in the real world? No thanks! Go play with your video!! Just another Harvey Weinstein wannabe  ???  His bikes a shit colour too! and he doesn't know anything about oil  ;)  In 'his' world I'd have video'd my rant for your entertainment, Unfortunately I don't have one available, so here, have a picture of a snowy night in Chadderton for your amusement
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Steve F wrote: No, not a shame really. I say that because as a so called ‘professional’ trainer, he happily waffles on in his YouTube vlogs to all and sundry, and then appears to get silly and childish when confronted with a forum post that he doesn’t like! Well, this is the world of the internet, and if you don’t like it, then don’t post vlogs/posts etc without being prepared to take criticism and credit if due! I just find the overreaction to some forum members rather daft. Just my two penneth......

Dear all,

I have not found the comments that caused Back2theBike to leave the forum but....

if you are walking down the street with a group of friends and give one of your mates a friendly nudge - but this time he trips, cracks his skull open and dies, then that is manslaughter. There will be a judge and a jury of 12 citizens ya-da, ya-da.

Our judge and jury is one very gentle and very wise guy who lives just outside Oslo (whom some of us have had the pleasure of meeting) and who probably does not like to see people leave the forum because they happen to be sensitive souls.

I try to adopt the approach that if I cannot think of something nice to say then I do not contribute to the thread - and I don't want this forum to disappear at the remote "flick of a switch". So, please, let all of us consider the sensitive souls of this world before we set our thoughts to words. I am sure that can all criticize constructively and gently if we set our minds to it.

John

John Bentall
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

He reminds me of an old friend of mine,  what could be said in 2 mins he could stretch it out to 13.05mins
Gave it a thumbs down
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: I managed 6 minutes before deciding he's an 'attention seeking' prick!.. He's the sort of person who'd video you dying on the floor for anal gratification on his youtube channel before offering help!  in the real world? No thanks! Go play with your video!! Just another Harvey Weinstein wannabe  ???  His bikes a shit colour too! and he doesn't know anything about oil  ;)  In 'his' world I'd have video'd my rant for your entertainment.
You really ought to come down off that fence.

PS Nice snowy photo BTW.
Last edited by k9doc on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

+1

This bloke wasn't hard done by on here, none of the posts were personal to him. He just didn't like any criticism at all, even after he asked for comments. I just watched his video some of the things he mentions he discussed, I don't remember seeing posts on. In every video he tells everyone he is a professional trainer - lol. At least he is probably happy now, he has a nice group of followers who pat him on his back.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Did we ever find out what and whom he trained? I seem to remember in one of his bleatings that he had trained 20,000 people. Oh and my view is if you don't really want criticism, you shouldn't ask for it, but, if you have and if you get it, accept it not take yer bat home.

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Ironically, if you can be bothered to look at his video on the tube where he is going on about forums, he is doing exactly what he was complaining about on here - making assumptions about the people who criticised him and putting them into boxes that suit his views.

Its almost worth joining his band of followers on his youtube channel to provide an alternative view. The bloke is obviously special as he says he has trained the captains of industry - that says it all.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

I really can't be bothered to watch videos of born agains who initially ask for, and then reject, constructive comment. I did have a quick look just to see what all the fuss was about, well made vids but doesn't he go on? As a newby he should concentrate on what he's doing to prevent the momentary lapse of concentration. If he did he might be able to hit the 30 limit at 30, the mark of an advanced rider/driver.

heathy65

Post by heathy65 »

I've tried watching a few of his video's and may have commented on one of them (perhaps it was me who upset him?). I lasted about 30 seconds on the one at the start of this post before ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Pappy35

Post by Pappy35 »

I liked his initial videos comparing bikes but they've fallen off in content quality since. I have to agree that he seems to be acting pretty childish about this and one needs to  have skin that's not too paper thin to participant in a free-form public forums like this. I've been doing it since the usenet days (remember using your PHONE to connect to the internet?!? GASP!!!). You can't get too worked up about criticism. I unsubscribed from his channel cause this last video was a basically just a bunch of whining.
'13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

beemerboy9 wrote:

Dear all,

I have not found the comments that caused Back2theBike to leave the forum but....

if you are walking down the street with a group of friends and give one of your mates a friendly nudge - but this time he trips, cracks his skull open and dies, then that is manslaughter. There will be a judge and a jury of 12 citizens ya-da, ya-da.

Our judge and jury is one very gentle and very wise guy who lives just outside Oslo (whom some of us have had the pleasure of meeting) and who probably does not like to see people leave the forum because they happen to be sensitive souls.

I try to adopt the approach that if I cannot think of something nice to say then I do not contribute to the thread - and I don't want this forum to disappear at the remote "flick of a switch". So, please, let all of us consider the sensitive souls of this world before we set our thoughts to words. I am sure that can all criticize constructively and gently if we set our minds to it.

John
Somebody who confesses to be a ‘professional trainer’ working with ‘captains of industry’ would, in my reckoning, be quite a robust person mentally, and certainly not a sensitive soul! Yes, I think we realise that our Scandinavian moderator could easily ‘ban’ certain forum members, but if that occurred without a fair and just rationale given, then this forum is not really a place I would then want to frequent. As I said before, the Internet forums are not fluffy, soft environments for the faint hearted, and I think it’s safe to say that the vast majority of forum members on here already know that.