General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: Back 2 Biking forum review

Post by simbo »

I'm offended that not many people seem to care about the fact B2TB flounced on a Wednesday  :(  Everyone knows flouncing can only be done on Fridays! (Flouncing Friday)  ???  I'm also offended that this has been posted in the 'BMW R1200RT General discussions'  Thread (along with the original flounce I may say!)  Where (if 'trained'correctly)  it should have been posted in the 'General Discussion' thread where we can feel free to talk about anything and everything. Carry on  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

simbo wrote: I managed 6 minutes before deciding he's an 'attention seeking' prick!.. He's the sort of person who'd video you dying on the floor for anal gratification on his youtube channel before offering help!  in the real world? No thanks! Go play with your video!! Just another Harvey Weinstein wannabe  ??? 
I think that will just about do it for me here as well.  Call it a flounce if you like, I'll even wait until Friday :))  My skin is as thick as it comes, you cant beat good craic and I don't give a sh*t what people think about me.  I'm not leaving angry or upset, no-body picked on me, I'm just sad that comment directed at individuals have reached this low.  I doubt the example of Harvey Weinstein was picked purely on his film making talents.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

sofnolime wrote: I think that will just about do it for me here as well.  Call it a flounce if you like, I'll even wait until Friday :) )  My skin is as thick as it comes, you cant beat good craic and I don't give a sh*t what people think about me.  I'm not leaving angry or upset, no-body picked on me, I'm just sad that comment directed at individuals have reached this low.  I doubt the example of Harvey Weinstein was picked purely on his film making talents.

Rather than leave, why not just skip reading this particular thread. It's no big deal and it's always nice having you around.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

Vince Prince wrote: As a newby he should concentrate on what he's doing to prevent the momentary lapse of concentration.
+1 this was the part where I lost interest too:-) Personally I found a lot of useful info on this forum and quite some humour too! However when I get on my bike there is only one thing on my mind and with all respect it is not this forum!  Peter
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

sofnolime wrote: I think that will just about do it for me here as well.  Call it a flounce if you like, I'll even wait until Friday :) )  My skin is as thick as it comes, you cant beat good craic and I don't give a sh*t what people think about me.  I'm not leaving angry or upset, no-body picked on me, I'm just sad that comment directed at individuals have reached this low.  I doubt the example of Harvey Weinstein was picked purely on his film making talents.

I'm touched that you quoted me in your parting speech  Image  Don't forget to subscribe!
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

If we leave, do we get our subs back  8)  How do you leave anyway, don't you just stop posting or do you have to perform some activity and then tell everyone and have a leaving do!  :whistle:
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

I would have thought from your quote 'Who guards the guardians' or 'Who holds the rulers to account' that you would subscribe to the quote wrongly attributable to Voltaire along the lines of ' I don't agree with what you say but I would defend (to the death-obviously a bit extreme) your right to say it'. Surely it would be better to stay and argue your point of view rather than be saddened by the odd comment and deprive yourself of the pleasure of this forum.
Now, no-one I suspect wants this place to degenerate into a clone of another well known BMW oriented forum and I'm sure the mods on here won't let that happen but FFS neither, I hope, do we want it to turn into one of these ever more popular 'safe spaces' where anything contentious is off limits.
B2TB does appear to have his followers on here and I would think that should any be bothered enough to stand his corner then simbo, who I know to be a nice chap but obviously irritated in this instance, would be happy to debate the issue.
In conclusion I doubt very much that the reference to HW was an insinuation that B2TB had aspirations of becoming a consummate sexual predator if that was the inference to which you alluded.
Chris