Trip Plans For 2018

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Trip Plans For 2018

Post by David. »

tda2806 wrote:Via the East coast visiting friends in Yorkshire.
May I ask whereabouts in Yorkshire.
ExGMan

Post by ExGMan »

I'm planning an April trip to North Carolina to attend a BMW MOA event, then a trip in September into Nova Scotia.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

smileymiley wrote: Hopefully the Picos in May/June :) Tried to do it a couple of years back but had to cancel as the better half wasn't well enough.... :(  things are looking much better now tho!
All booked :) For hopefully 3 sunny weeks & great roads 8)
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
heathy65

Post by heathy65 »

Going to do the NC500 in April. No Ferry or tunnel, no rip off Euro prices and brilliant scenery and roads.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Going to La Rochelle in France for a few days at the beginning of May  :)  Ride down to Rouen Thur's and stop overnight before onward to La Rochelle for 3 nights, Then ride up to Berck on Monday for the night before travelling home Tue's. In June There's a few of us going to Dorset for our annual 'Jolly Boys' weekend Fri to Mon, That'll be on the H-D though  8)  July, Nothing planned yet? But there's talk of a long weekend doing the SWC 300. August is the RT weekend in Leicester (weather permitting lol) and usually a few of us (couples) go glamping or rent some log cabins somewhere for a long weekend. September? I've always fancied just setting off on the bike Fri morning for a few days on my own and going to France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy then back up through France then home, 2017 was looking good for it till the good lady had her accident and I became an equestrian servant, Maybe 2018 is the year? Here's hoping!!
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:August is the RT weekend in Leicester (weather permitting lol).
July, https://1200rt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: July, /viewtopic.php?t=1

Edit: That's July sorted then  ;)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

ExGMan wrote: I'm planning an April trip to North Carolina to attend a BMW MOA event, then a trip in September into Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia few years back. September, after kids back to school. Hardly any traffic. Am sure you know, but Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island is a must. End of season though, I had rain every day. After did a clock wise tour of Nova Scotia, took the ferry from Digby to Saint John New Brunswick. Expect heavy winds as you enter Nova Scotia and the fog in Halifax. Enjoy your trip!
May see you in Fontana, if weather permits!
Qball-16

Post by Qball-16 »

Early August - from our home on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada (West Coast, on the mainland, north of Vancouver, BC) a buddy & I are heading down the Pacific Coast (Hwy 101) through Washington State & Oregon to Northern California, then east into the mountains & back up north through Oregon & Idaho.  We'll end up back in Canada in the Kootenays (south east BC),and then make our way home through the sunny Okanagan.

It'll be a bit of a whirl-wind trip, averaging around 400km of riding each day.  Mostly camping, but we'll hit a hotel every couple nights through the trip.  A grand total of just over 3600km in 8/9 days - for my first ever motorcycle trip!!!  Beyond excited...
Attachments
Summer Bike Trip (v3.2).jpg
Last edited by Qball-16 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hoping to travel on the bike down to N Italy and across to Slovenia, up to Ljubljana and Lake Bled, and then back via Salzburg and Innsbruck to get the Autozug back to Düsseldorf and then back home! :)