Russell reviews.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
ksudak

Russell reviews.

Post by ksudak »

In less than a week I'll be sending my stock rtw seat to Russell. My 6'2" tall, 33" inseam just can't get comfortable on that seat. Within a couple hundred miles the inside of my thighs start burning, left leg starts aching and I'm squiring all over the place. The pegs were lowered and the handlebars raised but still have issues. I'm hoping that one of you riders may have a recommendation that will save me the hurtful expense of a seat rebuild.
bandytales

Re: Russell reviews.

Post by bandytales »

ksudak wrote: In less than a week I'll be sending my stock rtw seat to Russell. My 6'2" tall, 33" inseam just can't get comfortable on that seat. Within a couple hundred miles the inside of my thighs start burning, left leg starts aching and I'm squiring all over the place. The pegs were lowered and the handlebars raised but still have issues. I'm hoping that one of you riders may have a recommendation that will save me the hurtful expense of a seat rebuild.

You could try an Airhawk pad and see how you get on with that?
ds99

Post by ds99 »

i have a similar problem. i have a 2007 RT, i am 5ft 11" tall with 32" inseam.

on long rides i have to put my heels of my feet on the pegs, and shift my arse as far back as possible, else i get thigh pain. i guess lowered pegs might help, but i have never got around to installing them.

i find the stock seat is comfortable enough, but the angle my knee is at is more the problem
Last edited by ds99 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
percy

Post by percy »

I managed to find a used Corbin seat for mine. Longer trips are now much more comfortable.