LED headlight bulb

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
stayingupright

LED headlight bulb

Post by stayingupright »

I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
bandytales

Re: LED headlight bulb

Post by bandytales »

Interesting...No I haven't. The skeptic in me says it will be very bright but get dimmer fairly quickly because of the lack of any form of heatsink.
Awaiting to hear other responses.
aweight

Post by aweight »

I can share my experience of this type of bulb, I purchased a set of very high end LED replacements, fitted them and they were very bright and clean looking (from the front)

On driving at night they threw a wide beam but incredibly short, I think this was due to the difference in light distribution from the bulb affecting the beam pattern formed by the reflector. In short they were not safe for night time use.

I since fitted a set of HID50 supplied by Les at www.hid50.com and they are amazing - Had them on my GS before I got the RT and I have to say with dual headlights they are incredible

Andy
R1200RT LE San Marino Blue
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

May not respond to your question, but here is what I am using and happy with:
HID 35w 4500K Ultra CanBus from DDM for LO. Would use same for HI, but that would
make flashing impossible, since it takes some time for the bulb to warm up. So for
that am using a high end WeissLicht Illustro. Not cheap, but works great. Not easy
to install, though.
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.