SAt Nav promts via Autocomm

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
BeeJay

SAt Nav promts via Autocomm

Post by BeeJay »

Hello, on my Sept 2014 LC I had an Autocom Pro AVI unit fitted and had the voice promts (and music on my 660) wired into the AVI.
When I changed my bike, now Apr 2018, I have tried the same but either the wiring has different colour codes or I wrote the connections down wrong. Let me explain:
On the 8-way plug on the Alpine unit I had the white and red  of the autocom A lead connected to the yellow/brown and yellow/red of the plug and the white and red of the B lead to the blue/brown and red/brown wires.
On my new bike I have (conns 1 - 8) red/green, brown, yellow/red, yellow/brown, white/brown, white/blue, blue/red and blue/brown.
I don't think there's a problem with the A lead, but are the blue/red and blue/brown the same wires as the old blue/brown and red/brown?
I haven't found a wiring diagram to check and don't want to connect and find I blow something in the Alpine unit, or worse.
Both bikes were basically identical options-wise, i.e. full audio package.
Any help greatly appreciated.
:)
BeeJay

Re: SAt Nav promts via Autocomm

Post by BeeJay »

Hello,
How can I be so smart yet so dumb at the same time.
SWMBO asked why I hadn't finished wiring the satnav and I explained the problem.
Simple she said, look at the photos you took when you took the autocom off the old bike.
Doh !!!
Spot on, I had mislabled the B lead connector as red/brown instead of blue/brown.
All the wiring colours are the same on both bikes.
Should get it sorted today
:enjoying:
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Women eh ?  Can't live with them, can't wire up an Autocom without them .....  ;D
Sounds like you've got a "keeper" !
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

And she's pretty