Dashcam position

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Old-Git

Re: Dashcam position

Post by Old-Git »

Paggers wrote: This is where the cameras are mounted on my bike. I don't have any problems with bugs - even when the front of the bike is covered with them so far I haven't had one obscure the camera. Maybe I have just been lucky. It's also part of my routine to give the lenses a quick wipe before each ride.

I think you may struggle to fit a camera behind the shield. I was recently trying to find a location to install a GoPro and in the end the only place I could find to mount it was on the l/h mirror housing! That wouldn't be any better for your dashcam as again it's outside of the shield.

Paggers it looks like Roadhawk aren't selling the MotoR+ Moto edition any more. Was thinking of one of the last ones avaialable or a Drift - any thoughts?
Ta
Nick
ifmhome

Post by ifmhome »

Hi
Just got a Roadhawk Moto off Amazon - 10 days ago ?
I am struggling with connecting it up though - got the canbus connector from Nippy Normans - but cant find the spare connector in the wiring loom - tried taking the RHS panel off; taking the screen off; taking the RTHS speaker cover off - nothing  :not:

Brand new bike (well. it was 3rd of Jan, but still only got 300 miles on the clock due to the state of the  weather round here)  so not keen on disassembling more than I have to - can anyone point me to where the spare canbus connectore is plesae ?

Many thanks !

Ian
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

I'm gonna power mine via USB, I got a hella to USB converter and gonna try powering camera, ipod and iphone, think that might be too much power tho...
guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

temesvar wrote: End of the handle bar does it for me.
Easy access to turn it on and off.
Can view a sample on you tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaj0IAP3qUc&t=64s
Great video - very smooth.
Think I will try this set-up. Thanks.  :clap:
BlueRT

Post by BlueRT »

I just came across a mounting system for a GoPro. The system is made by CIRO3D in the States, they have a webpage. CIRO3D makes accessories for Harley's but this mounting system is in many ways so simple. They have a bolt/nut/washer that replaces the factory bolt/nut/washer from the front trim of the windscreen. Their bolt has a special round head that you use to lock your GoPro mount to and it allows you to swivel the camera. Obviously, a camera mounting accessory made for a Harley won't fit a BMW. Seems with a little enginuity this could be modified to work on an RT. 
Keep The Faith!
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

Innovv K2 mounted behind windshield on BMW GPS mount using a Camvate 15mm rod mount available on Amazon.
Attachments
IMG_3199.jpeg
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Just installed my Innovv C5 and strange picture. Curved edges. Any thoughts?

Is inside garage looking out.
Attachments
5253343F-14C7-4CA3-8BAD-B7552C442BBC.png
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Don't understand that. I presume that's not the fairing or otherwise.
Where exactly have you mounted the camera.
[size=2px]This is a screen shot from Anne's C5 on herCBR650F[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

BeeJay wrote: Don't understand that. I presume that's not the fairing or otherwise.
Where exactly have you mounted the camera.
This is a screen shot from Anne's C5 on herCBR650F[/size]

[/size]

Thanks for the reply. Its mounted under the headlight right in the middle. The lens is level with the fairing and headlight face.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

That's where I've mounted by Ghost S. I was going to replace it with a C5 because I can hard wire the power.
If you unmount the camera off the bike, is the image still curved?
I can't think of anything in the settings but I'll have a look at the CBR tomorrow and let you know.
:)
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Just had a real close look at your image (400%).
2 things: really daft but ignoring the curvature, is it "seeing" the garage opening?
Secondly, and probably a better bet, it looks as if the lens is set too fat back in the housing and it's "seeing" the camera housing.
In which case you would need to contact yor supplier.

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

BeeJay wrote: Just had a real close look at your image (400%).
2 things: really daft but ignoring the curvature, is it "seeing" the garage opening?
Secondly, and probably a better bet, it looks as if the lens is set too fat back in the housing and it's "seeing" the camera housing.
In which case you would need to contact yor supplier.

Beejay hi,
Been in touch with Innovv and sent them the photo. They want a video clip so will send them one tomorrow. Great that they have responded so prompt.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

Beagle wrote: Just installed my Innovv C5 and strange picture. Curved edges. Any thoughts?

Is inside garage looking out.

This is a dash cam, intended to capture as much as possible,
intended for traffic situations. Is not your video cam intended for
your memory archives.  The picture is in closed location. Once on
the road, the view will not be so dramatic.
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

The image looks similar to what you might see from a Fisheye lens for a camera, very wide angle. As the Innovv cameras have very wide angle lenses it might be that the straight lines of the garage are looking more curved due to the location and perspective of the camera. In the video it may not be as obvious due to movement and the lack of straight lines that give you that same perspective.
Last edited by bicyclenut on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Good news. Brought bike out of the garage and away from the sides and the image is normal.

Attachments
5B9682B3-D944-4B37-8088-4501D552D15B.jpeg