Comfort screen

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
chrismckay

Comfort screen

Post by chrismckay »

Anybody got the BMW comfort screen fited and if you have how do you find it??
guest2360

Re: Comfort screen

Post by guest2360 »

I used it in a 2009 RT for 2 years having removed the original low seat. Its 5mm higher than the low seat but 5mm lower than the normal seat on low setting.  It cannot be raised or lowered as you have to remove the height adjustment bits to fit it. Sold it in to a mate when I swapped to a K.  He still has it.  I found it an improvement and her behind said its the best pillion seat she ever had.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

RTman10 wrote: I used it in a 2009 RT for 2 years having removed the original low seat. Its 5mm higher than the low seat but 5mm lower than the normal seat on low setting.  It cannot be raised or lowered as you have to remove the height adjustment bits to fit it. Sold it in to a mate when I swapped to a K.  He still has it.  I found it an improvement and her behind said its the best pillion seat she ever had.
Oops  Misread seat for screen.
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Not heard of a comfort screen ?
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
chrismckay

Post by chrismckay »

beemerbaz wrote: Not heard of a comfort screen ?

larger option than standard  :)
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Who makes yours ? I have a slightly larger one from CEE Bailey and find it a superb addition as I am taller than your averaged bear :-)
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

beemerbaz wrote: Who makes yours ? I have a slightly larger one from CEE Bailey and find it a superb addition as I am taller than your averaged bear :-)
[/quote
Just to clear things up. BMW have never made a larger screen for any 1200 RT until the 2014 model. There are some huge and not particularly nice after market ones around but unless you are quite tall or like looking through a screen all the time beware.  Those who have put mileage on the new one all seem to rave about riding in still air anyway.
chrismckay

Post by chrismckay »

RTman10 wrote:
beemerbaz wrote: Who makes yours ? I have a slightly larger one from CEE Bailey and find it a superb addition as I am taller than your averaged bear :-)
[/quote
Just to clear things up. BMW have never made a larger screen for any 1200 RT until the 2014 model. There are some huge and not particularly nice after market ones around but unless you are quite tall or like looking through a screen all the time beware.  Those who have put mileage on the new one all seem to rave about riding in still air anyway.

Thanks for pointing this out RT.....I presume the 2014 screen would not fit the earlier models?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

chrismckay wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out RT.....I presume the 2014 screen would not fit the earlier models?
[/quote
Correct, its totally different.]
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

chrismckay wrote: Anybody got the BMW comfort screen fited and if you have how do you find it??

What bike is it for?
If it is a Wethead, id forget about BMW Screens and go for either (in order of IMO, the best choice):
a/. Werks Quiet Ride
b/. Aeroflow
c/. CeeBailey
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

bandytales wrote:
What bike is it for?
If it is a Wethead, id forget about BMW Screens and go for either (in order of IMO, the best choice):
a/. Werks Quiet Ride
b/. Aeroflow
c/. CeeBailey

Forget option c) as CeeBailey are not longer making M/C screens - only aircraft now.
John Bentall
Qball-16

Post by Qball-16 »

If you're riding a HexHead, I would highly recommend the ZTechnik VStream.  Compared to the stock windscreen, the VStream is MUCH quieter, has a hugely expanded wind-free zone, very minimal visual distortion at the edges & curves, and they have a standard or tall versions.
guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

Bought one from another member (different forum) (a Cee Bailey I seem to remember) simply because I'm a magpie - never fitted it and don't think I ever will.
Probably because I'm a short arse and happy behind the standard screen.  :beee:
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

chrismckay wrote:I have just taken ownership of a 2012 RT1200 SE.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

I can't see that post on this thread! I don't have a time date code matching that at all?
So if it's for a Camhead, ignore my drivel because i know nothing about that bike.
Sorry.