Passenger backrest wanted - Phoenix or Seattle area

Looking to buy a BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or just after some parts and accessories?
vertible

Passenger backrest wanted - Phoenix or Seattle area

Post by vertible »

Flying from Phoenix to Seattle later today to pick up a 2014 R1200RT and would like to find a backrest. Girlfriend will join me if one can be sourced :-)

Thanks,

John
Last edited by vertible on Mon May 14, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DUSAK

Re: Passenger backrest wanted - Phoenix or Seattle area

Post by DUSAK »

Hi, Although I wont be able to help the OP in the next few days I wanted to state that I currently make the DUSAK passenger backrest /luggage rack assembly for the K1600 GT, GTL, and GTLE which also installs on pre-2014 model RTs. We are currently working on the 2014 RT and above model and have just completed our mock-up which is in the hands of the fab shop we use for the K16 units. The RT unit is very similar to the K16 unit except for  the attachment points and its larger base plate. The front bracket mounts underneath the luggage rack and stays in place and the rear one drops out of the rear of the OEM rack. One important thing we did was to make sure you can still install a factory trunk without removing the bracket for a fast easy switch from backrest to trunk. The larger base plate will help with supporting tail bags which are a nice alternative to the larger and heavier trunk. We will still use the Harley backrest pad that articulates with the passenger. You can check out my K16 unit which as stated works on 2013 and below RT by going to k1600forum.com and search Passenger backrest 3rd Generation. Order info is on that site or you can email me @[email protected]. Thanks Dan     
Last edited by DUSAK on Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.