Shoei NeoTec 2

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Millman

Shoei NeoTec 2

Post by Millman »

I tried on the new neotec and it was a great fit except for the chin strap. Does anyone else find it tight or is it just my double chin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy35

Re: Shoei NeoTec 2

Post by Pappy35 »

Mine was cinched all the way up out of the box. Loosen it and try again.
'13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
Millman

Post by Millman »

I tried to loosen it as much as possible but I ran out of strap. I’m going back to the shop on Saturday and will see if I can adjust the buckle. Can you post a picture of your strap in the fully loosen position?

Pappy35

Post by Pappy35 »

I'm at work so can't. Can you post a picture of your strap? I have, well, let's say an 'ample' amount of extra material under my chin and my strap is only about halfway. By this I mean that the metal hoop the strap run through is sitting about halfway between the lid and the male part of the buckle. There seems to be more than a lot of strap there so it's kind of hard to imagine it not being long enough. It is a bit of bear to adjust.
'13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
Millman

Post by Millman »

Pappy35 wrote: I'm at work so can't. Can you post a picture of your strap? I have, well, let's say an 'ample' amount of extra material under my chin and my strap is only about halfway. By this I mean that the metal hoop the strap run through is sitting about halfway between the lid and the male part of the buckle. There seems to be more than a lot of strap there so it's kind of hard to imagine it not being long enough. It is a bit of bear to adjust.
I’ll send a picture tomorrow when I am at the shop.