Wunderlich Ergo Comfort Seat - R1200RT LC

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
elephant8869

Wunderlich Ergo Comfort Seat - R1200RT LC

Post by elephant8869 »

Has anyone tried a Wunderlich Ergo Comfort Seat for their R1200RT LC. I gave a standard height seat but am considering a high seat to improve my leg/knee comfort on long days. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: Wunderlich Ergo Comfort Seat - R1200RT LC

Post by smileymiley »

No, but got Sargent seats for myself and the better half. Very good quality, & very comfy.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Off at a slight tangent, but have you tried Wunderlich's footrest lowering kit?  I've got a load of metalwork in my hip and femur so stuck these on my old K1300GT and they made a huge difference to all-day comfort without sitting me higher on the bike.  Thinking seriously about them for the RT too.  This was important because it gave me firmer footing when holding the bike for Mrs Sprintgull to clamber on and off.  Just a thought.
elephant8869

Post by elephant8869 »

Sprintgull wrote: Off at a slight tangent, but have you tried Wunderlich's footrest lowering kit?  I've got a load of metalwork in my hip and femur so stuck these on my old K1300GT and they made a huge difference to all-day comfort without sitting me higher on the bike.  Thinking seriously about them for the RT too.  This was important because it gave me firmer footing when holding the bike for Mrs Sprintgull to clamber on and off.  Just a thought.
Thanks for the great advice. I was looking at the peg lowering kit today. It’s a far cheaper option so will probably give it a try [emoji106]

guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

elephant8869 wrote: Thanks for the great advice. I was looking at the peg lowering kit today. It’s a far cheaper option so will probably give it a try Image

I have to agree - the seats look very good, but they are an expensive option.
Sethmopp

Post by Sethmopp »

I have the lowering pegs, they make a substantial improvement, thinking of changing the seat as it feels like I'm sat on a breeze block.