Cheap audio solution

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Cheap audio solution

Post by jackronner »

Had almost given up hope for tunes on my cross-country tour when I found the solution.  First, accidentally purchased a pair of JVC Gummy Plus earbuds;  much louder than others I've tried.  Then I got a device called the Boosteroo on Amazon for $26 USD.  Here's the Amazon page:  https://www.amazon.com/Upbeat-Audio-T61 ... WCFE.  It amplifies your device's signal at least another 1/3 (I believe they have an even more powerful one) and it works a treat at 75 mph.  I've also slipped some foam rubber under the helmet liner material in the earholes of the helmet to keep the earbuds comfortably seated snugly in my ears, and Robert's your mother's brother (Bob's your uncle).  This even works with a weak SanDisk MP3 clip-on player, much less other more powerful devices/phones.  Enjoy.
dave y

rear disc carrier

Post by dave y »

Need to remove rear disc carrier on 2012 RT to replace leaking seal.
On MAC and now can't seem to locate or open if I could, my service manual on this topic.
Have reviewed a couple on line videos and fabricated a puller for the flange.
Just interested in seeing if the factory solution is similar; i.e. puller and application of heat.
Anyone able to share pics of the factory service set up, or share their experience with removing the flange.

Thx,
Dave

jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Re: Cheap audio solution

Post by jackronner »

Dave Y,  Think you replied to the wrong post?