Stebel Nautilus

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Stebel Nautilus

Post by temesvar »

Just purchased a Stebel Nautilus compact twin air horn. Was wondering where would be the better place to install it
on a RT. Anybody that has gone thru this, would you share your experience? And , is it even worth the trouble?

Pappy35

Re: Stebel Nautilus

Post by Pappy35 »

This is of interest to me as well.
'13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
Duty First

Post by Duty First »

I am interested as well Telesvar.  I have seen quite a few on this forum fitted to LC’s (that you can readily purchase fitting brackets for) but not on early model RT’s like yours and mine.
I have a 2007 R1200RT.
temesvar

Post by temesvar »

Duty First wrote: I am interested as well Telesvar.  I have seen quite a few on this forum fitted to LC’s (that you can readily purchase fitting brackets for) but not on early model RT’s like yours and mine.
I have a 2007 R1200RT.
Yours is an early model, mine is not (2008)  :alas:
Will see if we can get some help, if not, will have
to make something up.
JDub

Post by JDub »

I've just installed one on my 2008, I'm out tomorrow but will upload some pics as soon as I can.  It's attached to the old horn bracket and sits nicely between the forks. it was a bit of faff to get it up there but it's out of the way.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I've just installed a Nautilus on the 2016 LC.  Very L O U D!  Might be worth checking the Nippy Normans site because they do a bracket for the LC (as part of a wiring kit) that tucks the horn under the headstock. Very neat.

One comment that applies to all bikes though is that mine blew the supplied 15A fuse when I had to use it for a prolonged blast.  It had been working fine before that.  My guess is that it was either a duff fuse, or, the 15A is marginal.  Also it was really hot weather and as we know resistance increases with temperature and it could have upped the draw from the battery.  Fortunately I put the fuse in a really accessible place under the seat.  Carrying spare 15 and 20A fuses just in case!
temesvar

Post by temesvar »

JDub wrote: I've just installed one on my 2008, I'm out tomorrow but will upload some pics as soon as I can. It's attached to the old horn bracket and sits nicely between the forks. it was a bit of faff to get it up there but it's out of the way.
Would like to see some pics, if you can load them up.