2009 BMW R1200RTP mystery connctors

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
policebikescomau

2009 BMW R1200RTP mystery connctors

Post by policebikescomau »

Greetings from sunny Sydney (Yes, it's winter, but has been 24 degrees for the last three days - go figure).

Anyway, I've been restoring and riding police bikes for years, but am struggling to identify some connectors on my 01/2009 R1200RTP (ZV54504), so was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a wiring diagram.

In case none exist, I'll list the connectors and wiring colours below, and hope they jog someone's memory:

2 x male 4 wire connectors on the same harness running from behind the second battery box [size=2px](possibly connected to ABS system)[/size][size=78%]:[/size]
First connector: Brown, Red/Yellow, Green/White, Purple/Black
Second connector (covered with a black plastic cap): Gray/Black, Blue/Green, Purple/Black, White/Brown

1 x female 2 wire connector on right side of plastic ECU mounting plate (possibly connected to ABS system):
Wire colours unknown as wires have a black plastic sheath covering them

1 x male 2 wire connector between frame and back of ECU:
Red/Yellow, Brown/Yellow

1 x male 3 wire connector near frame neck:
Brown, Red/White, Blue/Green

[size=2px]2 x connectors on the same harness running from main harness through the front sub frame at the frame neck:[/size]
1 x spring connector with Blue/Green and Yellow/Purple wires
1 x male 2 wire connector with Blue/Green and Brown/Blue wires

Your collective help is most gratefully received.

Cheers, Alex.
RTs4me
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Re: 2009 BMW R1200RTP mystery connctors

Post by RTs4me »

I'm no expert on any kind of wiring, but there is a lot of info on the USA-based BMW Motorrad Police website, including some wiring diagrams.

Try here:
https://www.bmwmc.net/Gallery/Gallery.aspx

There is a file list on the left hand side that can be expanded. 'Technical Information' and then 'Wiring Diagrams' then 'K26...' should give you something useful.

Hope this helps  ;)