"North - South Divide"

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

"North - South Divide"

Post by David. »

At the 2018 Annual Meet, attendees were from South of London, the South coast, Manchester & North Yorkshire.

Based on the willingness of all to "do it again", Shrewsbury has been chosen as a destination for 2019.
The distance/time from both North Yorkshire & the South coast to Shrewsbury being very similar.

Members who have expressed an interest in meeting up live as far apart as the North coast of Scotland & the South coast of England. North Yorkshire is about in the middle of both.

Is there an appetite for more than one meet per year, or in future years, should there be a "Northern" or "Southern" based meet up, or both.
Last edited by David. on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Re: "North - South Divide"

Post by David. »

Recently bought a copy of "Bikers' Britain - The Tours", might be useful for planning future meets.

BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Reply to first post I bought a touring bike for touring and meeting people so I for one am not to  concerned with distance. Regards book I have the original, version is there much  difference in routes ?presuming you do to.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

BoB21 wrote:Regards book I have the original, version is there much difference in routes?
IMO, yes, the new book has one-day tours between 150-200 miles, ideal for an annual meet.
The meet at Shrewsbury in 2019 is a combination of two routes from the original version of the book.

The new book also has three-day regional tours, five-day trips & seven-day tours.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Okay thanks sold.
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I have this book. My colleagues purchased it for me to read whilst I was convalescing from the hip op.

The also bought me a grabber and toilet seat riser!