R1200RT TC - low screen

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
MEM62

R1200RT TC - low screen

Post by MEM62 »

Anyone making a replacement low screen for the twin cam RT?  I have looked but cannot see anything other than something by Powerbronze  - which is way too small.  The standard is generally fine for me but I wanted something a little lower for when touring Spain so I get some additional air flow. 
Mark_J

Re: R1200RT TC - low screen

Post by Mark_J »

You can either cut down the original (masking tape and jigsaw) and make your own or get the OEM RT Sport screen.  The RT Sport screen has much more air flow (or buffeting depending on your interpretation) and works OK when fully raised.  Be prepared to get covered in flies though!  It has the same fitment as any standard LC RT.

I have an RT Sport and use the standard small screen (width and height compared to standard) in hot weather and swap it out for a cut down aftermarket in bad weather when I have to travel.  Best of both worlds albeit swapping the screens is a bit of a faff about.

Or, alternatively, buy a cheap after market screen or one from a scrappy and cut down to size.