2 pole connector on the right of the fork (RT 07 model)

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Galerkin

2 pole connector on the right of the fork (RT 07 model)

Post by Galerkin »

Hello everybody!!

Newbie here with a 2006 RT. I've done a bit of search about this, but I find no answer.

There's a two pole connector on the right of the fork. This is not the extra connector where many people connects a GPS or power outlet. I am not sure if something is missing here. Please see attached images.

Thanks in advance!!
Attachments
20180910_135030.jpg
20180910_135021.jpg
Graham88
Been liked: 1 time

Re: 2 pole connector on the right of the fork (RT 07 model)

Post by Graham88 »

I don't know but I thought there was some cruise control related hardware around that location. Is yours fitted with CC?
Galerkin

Post by Galerkin »

Hi Graham88,

Yes, I have cruise control and radio/cd. I have checked and everything is working as it should. The two wires that come to the plug are yellow and blue, and it look like it came this way from factory, and not something the previous owner installed.

IT would be nice if someone with an early model can take a look at his bike. This connector is located at the right of the fork, just at the left of the glovebox/radio box, and is easily visible without removing any panel.
Bobf

Post by Bobf »

Could possibly for extra lights. ?? I have the same plug on the left side of my 2017 RT.
Better to burn out than fade away. - Niel Young
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Galerkin wrote:It would be nice if someone with an early model can take a look at his bike. This connector is located at the right of the fork, just at the left of the glovebox/radio box, and is easily visible without removing any panel.
Just spotted for the first time, the same connector on my 2012 TC. It is not connected to anything, nor does it have a blanking cap, it's just cable tied to the frame.