R1200RT Cafe Racer

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Re: R1200RT Cafe Racer

Post by temesvar »

Is always easy to criticize other people's work. But can you compare his work with yours?
By reading that add, i see it is from Lithuania. There, parts, as well as money are less
available than where most of you critics live! You have no idea how much superior he
is to you, regarding bikes!!

ok, need more bullets?? :alas:

Graham88

Post by Graham88 »

I don't recall anyone criticizing the artists technical ability, because it does actually look well finished. The consensus here, which I have to agree with is that thing is pig ugly. If you went to a restaurant and were served a plate of dog @#~*, would you tell the chef it was amazing so as not to hurt their feelings?
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Graham88 wrote: I don't recall anyone criticizing the artists technical ability, because it does actually look well finished. The consensus here, which I have to agree with is that thing is pig ugly. If you went to a restaurant and were served a plate of dog @#~*, would you tell the chef it was amazing so as not to hurt their feelings?

Well said Graham that's a +1 from me.
temesvar

Post by temesvar »

Graham88 wrote: I don't recall anyone criticizing the artists technical ability, because it does actually look well finished. The consensus here, which I have to agree with is that thing is pig ugly. If you went to a restaurant and were served a plate of dog @#~*, would you tell the chef it was amazing so as not to hurt their feelings?
If an artist creates an art that is considered ugly, who are you criticizing? I don't get it.
As for the food example: if i pay for it, and is dog@#%*, the chef will know it,trust me!
But if you order it, and YOU like it, i have no say in that. I may think is ugly, but i sure
am wrong, because YOU liked it! Just so we can clear this little example of yours.
And even you are saying that the bike is well finished, but is pig ugly! So now
pigs are ugly.....ohhh, am not getting there....
temesvar

Post by temesvar »

bandytales wrote: [/font][/size]
Yes, and it is still pig ugly. it is not the quality of the product we are making observations on, it is the form it takes. So given the same amount of money you still have choices about the shapes generated.
However, someone likes it, and I guess that's what matters.
Did it sell?
So i guess you agree with quality. but don't like the form. The tank, the fairing, what else is there?
The look of the bike is a mix of a 80's bike with modern one. What throws you most i bet is the
fairing!! I guess that was all he had to work with. You go to Lithuania and see if you can find a
battery for your bike that just broke down. They are not as well off as you are.
And to end this, what have you done better than that dude?
ds99

Post by ds99 »

well, at first i thought "god that is ugly"

but now...i quite like it. it's certainly different, and 90% of bikes these days all look the same

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R1200RT- ... 3215370694

is it worth £5,500?

probably not, as i can't see anyone buying it without seeing it, or travelling to lituania from the uk!

hats off to the person who did the project, as i could never have done such a thing

Galerkin

Post by Galerkin »

temesvar wrote: Is always easy to criticize other people's work. But can you compare his work with yours?
By reading that add, i see it is from Lithuania. There, parts, as well as money are less
available than where most of you critics live! You have no idea how much superior he
is to you, regarding bikes!!

Parts and money are less available in Lithuania ?
It is always easy to criticize other countries...

temesvar

Post by temesvar »

Galerkin wrote:
Parts and money are less available in Lithuania ?
It is always easy to criticize other countries...
It is always easy to misunderstand! Am not criticizing any country,
am just pointing out  something that you may know to be true.
Last edited by temesvar on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galerkin

Post by Galerkin »

temesvar wrote: It is always easy to misunderstand! Am not criticizing any country,
am just pointing out  something that you may know to be true.
It's not misunderstanding, because everybody undestood completely what you wrote. It's ignorance and lack of politeness. The first is cured by travelling, for the second, good luck.
Graham88

Post by Graham88 »

If an artist creates an art that is considered ugly, who are you criticizing? I don't get it.
As for the food example: if i pay for it, and is dog@#%*, the chef will know it,trust me!
But if you order it, and YOU like it, i have no say in that. I may think is ugly, but i sure
am wrong, because YOU liked it! Just so we can clear this little example of yours.
And even you are saying that the bike is well finished, but is pig ugly! So now
pigs are ugly.....ohhh, am not getting there....
You sure don't, I am not criticizing any 'who' in this particular case, I am criticizing the end result which is absolutely not to my taste. To your second point, no, you are not wrong because art will always be divisive and different people with different tastes will see (or taste) different things and are allowed to convey and discuss those thoughts without worrying too much about the '18 year old Lithuanian poor boy who crashed his bike and had to live with this because parts weren't available in the fatherland to rebuild it' feelings - all of which is hypothetical nonsense and totally irrelevant. Finally on the subject of whether pigs are ugly, I'm not wading into that one with you; you are entitled to your opinion and are probably better off taking that to another 'forum'!