New Guy here question on buying.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Pabst

New Guy here question on buying.

Post by Pabst »

Hello all, new guy here, I am buying a 2018 R1200RT which I will pick up next week if the deal goes through, it's the 719 model which I guess is just different paint?  Anyway just curious if I got a good deal or not $23,500 OTD and they threw in the Nav6 after begging.  Should I offer less?  I have no idea what they actually go for.  I believe it has every option.  I'm not the best when it comes to wheeling and dealing.  Thanks!
Last edited by Pabst on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: New Guy here question on buying.

Post by hammo »

What model is it ? I i purchased the 2018 RTLE in Mars Red Mettalic here in the UK and ex demo model with only 400 mile on the clock for £14,995 , if its the RTLE with DTC/ABS/ gear shifter,  hill start , etc ,  i would say its sounds a good deal if they have threw in the new Navigator 6 as well . Enjoy !!!!
timminator
Been liked: 2 times

Post by timminator »

That's about what I paid a couple years ago for a 2016RT new, with 3 miles on it.  Most US dealers, in my experience, won't come down much on price.  Your best bet is to get extras thrown in, or negotiate the run-in service and 6K service to be included.  If you haven't already, buy the cylinder head guards and install as soon as possible.  Enjoy the bike!
BMW MOA #210438
hundaco

Post by hundaco »

The 719 model is from BMW Motorrad Spezial shop.  Hand painted pinstrips, special colour scheme and tan coloured comfort seat.  I think they also come with black tyre rims and black engine and drive assembly.  They are priced at $33,500AUD in Australia.  Even though the new 1250RT is on the way, I bought the current R1200RT SPORT (Mars Red and Black engine and rims) and will wait for Gen II of the new engine ... the current 1200 engine will be the last but has all the known niggles fixed, the new engine with the "Shift Cam" is unknown in the boxer engine ... might be prudent to wait :) .
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Pabst wrote: Hello all, new guy here, I am buying a 2018 R1200RT which I will pick up next week if the deal goes through, it's the 719 model which I guess is just different paint?  Anyway just curious if I got a good deal or not $23,500 OTD and they threw in the Nav6 after begging.  Should I offer less?  I have no idea what they actually go for.  I believe it has every option.  I'm not the best when it comes to wheeling and dealing.  Thanks!

Why not go straight for the 1250? Very little price difference.