Server moved to new location

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you have problems in logging in on this site?

Poll runs till Wed Aug 10, 2067 7:39 pm

No - no problems at all
54%
Have to answer the extra questions ones in a while
27%
Have always to answer the extra questions
19%

Total votes: 26

realshelby

Re: Server moved to new location

Post by realshelby »

Again, this morning, I had the challenge question. Answered correctly the first try. Then tells me I might still be a robot, please answer another challenge question. Which I did and it immediately sends me to the forum.

I hate wiping cookies as that usually takes quite a bit of time to put all the passwords in to get back in order. This is several days in a row the challenge has come up......
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Thanks for keeping the site going STeinar
It really is the best RT site around,  in fact better than most other sites
Cheers
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Yes many thanks STeinar.  This is a great site.
kioolt
United States of America

Post by kioolt »

I'm also getting the challenge question.  I have wiped my cookies and also ran a virus scan.

The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

kioolt wrote: I'm also getting the challenge question.  I have wiped my cookies and also ran a virus scan.

Sorry about that, but there is nothing I can do about it.
I'm using a world wide international database system in trying to fight spam etc, and the IP address you are coming from has been using to send spam etc.
NB!  I don't say you have done so, but some providers are recycling the IP address among users - and then this can happen.

STeinar
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

Well, after wiping cookies ( and the work that comes from putting in passwords on every site I visit ), I still get the challenge question. Actually two questions, and it says the first one was correct. I don't care for this at all.

I will visit the site in a few weeks and see if this is corrected. I consider it unacceptable to have to answer these questions every time I visit.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

The work starting up and running this site I imagine is a lot, So once again thanks for your hard work in keeping it running I believe most members appreciate it.
mhr43

Post by mhr43 »

I also get the 'challenge' questions, but not every time I visit the site. Curious?
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Littlebriar »

I'm getting the challenge question on my phone. Must be very aggressive spam filter. I understand the reason for it but seems a bit aggressive to me.
Steve
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Littlebriar wrote: I'm getting the challenge question on my phone. Must be very aggressive spam filter. I understand the reason for it but seems a bit aggressive to me.

Sorry about this, but there is nothing I can do about it.
I have now reset the filter - as there was more than 6000 entries in the spam filter for the last 3 mnts  ;(

Some of you therefor has to re reply in the login process "again" - sorry - but hope it can help for the other ones having problems.

Steinar

Frank123

Post by Frank123 »

Don't forget to vote/poll at the top of the first post. Only saw it tonight.
Regards
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

I do appreciate the work and money it takes to run a site. This is a unique site and still has that personal non commercial feel.

I have not logged on here without challenge questions since the change was made. I done what was asked, wiped cookies and so forth. This IP is not a problem.

There comes a time when something doesn't work. This site isn't working if it rejects those who would visit and hopefully contribute.

I will check back in after a couple weeks or so. Never a problem on any other site, so I know this site can be adjusted to work. PLEASE!
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

I have not had a problem logging in, but I did set it to "forever" so have not had to log in again.
Just tried out and then logging back in with no problems.
:)
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

I don't have to log in, that works just fine.

Came back after a few weeks. Still have the challenge questions.

This is simply ridiculous. There is no excuse I can fathom for doing this.

If you don't want someone around, I guess this works quite well!