Cutting out

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Cutting out

Post by hammo »

Hi , i am just approaching 4500 miles on my 2018 RTLE , yesterday for the first time my bike stalled when i put it into first gear , this happened twice and also i was changing down from 3rd to 2nd gear and she stalled has anyone had the same problem before i go and visit MR BMW . Cheers Russell . PS Happy Xmas to all on the thread !!!!
gogs01

Re: Cutting out

Post by gogs01 »

I've got the same bike with over 22,000 miles on it.  Never had an issue with it cutting out, so sorry I can't help.

When you do find out what the cause is, please let us know.

And Merry Christmas when it comes.  ;D
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
mcwhirtj

Post by mcwhirtj »

hammo wrote:my bike stalled when i put it into first gear , this happened twice and also i was changing down from 3rd to 2nd gear ...
Is it idling rough?  Had similar issue on my ‘08 (different engine I know), and it turned out to be a bad idle solenoid.  But my bike definitely was idling rough.  Would not suspect such a failure on a basically new bike, but fwiw that was my experience.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

Russell
Being a new bike, I’d be inclined to have dealer take a look
At the least you will be establishing that there is a problem, that needs addressing for future reference
Jim
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

T6pilot wrote: Russell
Being a new bike, I’d be inclined to have dealer take a look
At the least you will be establishing that there is a problem, that needs addressing for future reference
Yes asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blueboy