Speakers

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Beagle

Speakers

Post by Beagle »

Does my 2018 bike have speakers installed though It does not have a radio?
Tones

Re: Speakers

Post by Tones »

Doubtful, can’t see any motor co fitting something that hasn’t been paid for!
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

NO! Bring More Wallet!
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Probably dont, but do get extra storage space behind covers.
Bobf

Post by Bobf »

I found the speakers on my 2017 bike to be useless while riding.
Since I use a communicator,  I removed the speakers and use one of the spaces for first-aid kit, Flat tire repair kit, and a small tool kit. The other speaker location keeps my GS-911 wrapped up to be waterproof.
I now listen to music/radio through my helmet speakers. A huge improvement....!
Better to burn out than fade away. - Niel Young
Oneillmartin

Post by Oneillmartin »

Are they waterproof like will the water get in eventually if out every day just wondering I find the speakers good when turned up loud
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Beagle wrote: Does my 2018 bike have speakers installed though It does not have a radio?

99% sure the answer is no.  My 2016 does not have the audio package and no speakers are fitted.  Easy enough to whip out the 2 or 3 screws holding it and have a quick look behind.  Useful place to have any wiring etc for any accessories you fit.  Or a spare key perhaps.... 

Not wishing to start another fight, but I can't see the point of speakers on a bike (in UK anyway); antisocial in low speed towns, not that audible on motorways because of traffic and wind noise.  Each to their own....
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Sprintgull wrote: ..... Easy enough to whip out the 2 or 3 screws holding it and have a quick look behind. Useful place to have any wiring etc for any accessories you fit. Or a spare key perhaps ....
I thought about that as a hiding place for a spare key, but then I realised I would have to find somewhere to carry a Torx driver to access it. If that's going to be in a pocket , I'm less likely to do damage to myself just pocketing the key ..... unless someone has a better idea ?
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE