Defective Nav 6

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest4915

Defective Nav 6

Post by guest4915 »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems with their Nav 6.

The unit is about 14 months old and has developed a mind of its own, especially in this present spell of cold weather. On start up it self selects options on the home screen and quickly enters a state that renders it unresponsive and unusable. Even when the unit was new and appeared fine, the screen flickered in brightness, which, I assumed was reaction to ambient light changes?

I've tried updating the unit software and a hard reset, however, the problem persists.

I'm aware the unit is still under BMW warranty and I'm perusing this option, but just wondering if it's a common fault. Unfortunately after owning many Garmin sat navs, this one has been a bit of a disappointment.

Regards

Dave
Last edited by guest4915 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
gogs01

Re: Defective Nav 6

Post by gogs01 »

Sorry to hear of your problems. Satnavs are great when they work and a monumental pain when they don't. Hopefully your warranty will be honoured and the problem sorted out to your satisfaction.

I bought a NavV to replace my NavIV. At that time, the NavVI had been introduced but the BMW dealer didn't mention this.  Maybe he did me a favour - anyway I'm happy with the V and replacing it is, hopefully, a long way off.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Well I upgraded my Nav V and bought a Nav VI in the summer. I haven't had one issue with it, and it works brilliantly. The screen is far better than the one on my V, so I'm pleased with mine. If your not happy take it back before the warranty runs out, its not a known problem.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

I've never had a problem with any of my previous Garmin sat navs so I must have been unlucky with this one. As you say, hopefully sorted out under warranty.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

Unit has been replaced under warranty by Cotswold BMW who provided excellent service.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Great result, hope you have better luck with the new one  8)
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Pickaxe wrote: Unit has been replaced under warranty by Cotswold BMW who provided excellent service.

Well done, good result.  ☺
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE