Denali D2

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Beagle

Denali D2

Post by Beagle »

Have fitted the CamSmart and now wish to fit aux lights. I am considering the D2 Trioptic and the brackets that go on the side of the fairing. The CanSmart came with wiring harneses and it should control the lights.
Are these the latest/best lights
Do I need anything else.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Denali D2

Post by Casbar »

I fitted the D2 and under mirror brackets 3 weeks ago. I had to remove both the outer and inner body work to route the cables. I also bought two Denali light extension cables which made the routing down each side of the bike easier.

All works brilliantly, now going to strip them out again as I've just bought a 1250 :)

Some have done the installation without the extra extension cables, but its tight and for the cost of them, I decided to buy them and it worked well
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just to add, I would have considered the D1 as well. Clearwater lights get rave reviews, but there is no UK distributor.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote: Just to add, I would have considered the D1 as well. Clearwater lights get rave reviews, but there is no UK distributor.

Thanks Casbar,
Where do I get the extention cables.  The CanSmart is just fwd of the rear box under the topbox, theres the large round plug in a clip next to it.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Thanks Casbar,
Where do I get the extention cables.  The CanSmart is just fwd of the rear box under the topbox, theres the large round plug in a clip next to it.

My Cansmart is in the same place, there is not much option with that as you have to connect it to the module at the back. Like I said, you could probably do the job with the cables that come with the Cansmart, but it was a lot easier with the extension cables.

I bought mine from here £13 each

https://www.nippynormans.com/denali/den ... -lead-each
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
My Cansmart is in the same place, there is not much option with that as you have to connect it to the module at the back. Like I said, you could probably do the job with the cables that come with the Cansmart, but it was a lot easier with the extension cables.

I bought mine from here £13 each

https://www.nippynormans.com/denali/denali-light-harness-extension-lead-each

Thanks for your help am ordering the lights from them.