Engine crash bars with aux lights

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
zxbob

Engine crash bars with aux lights

Post by zxbob »

i have a 2018 RT and I would like to install engine crash bars. All that I have looked at say will it work with factory aux lighting ?
Will this require the removal of the factory light brackets and fit new ones to the engine guards or does someone have something that would work with the lights?
Good parts ain’t cheap and cheap parts ain’t good !
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Engine crash bars with aux lights

Post by daverj »

I have the Wunderlich bars on my 1250RT and my original aux light brackets are relocated to fit onto a lug on the crash bars. The Wunderlich bars fit where the oem light brackets fit to the bike. Wunderlich instructions are pretty poor and it takes a bit of working out, but end results are really worth the effort.
R1250RT LE
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Most need the removal of the aux light brackets and fitting to the engine bars with different brackets. I am fitting Illium bars to my 1250. Illium bars do not need to be removed for servicing, whereas others do. Although Illium are quite a bit more expensive.
ezymount

Post by ezymount »

I also opted for the Ilium guards and purchased their aux light mount brackets to mount my, (always on), 2.5” lights down low.  Very satisfied with quality, fit, finish, strength and ease of install.
Jim - 2020 ‘B’
zxbob

Post by zxbob »

Thank you for the input guys - I will probably go with the Illium bars. I like the fact that you dont have to remove them for service, something I had not thought of.

Bob
Good parts ain’t cheap and cheap parts ain’t good !