Helmets compatible with BMW bluetooth

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
uscscjohn

Helmets compatible with BMW bluetooth

Post by uscscjohn »

I really enjoy the ability to fully pair my 2018 r1200rt with my BMW helmet mounted bluetooth unit.  Sadly, the padding in my Schuberth c3 pro is  too old to be comfortable.  Does the BMW unit integrate well with any current iteration of any high end modular helmet?

I don't begrudge BMW the chance to force me into a proprietary system but requiring a proprietary system that doesn't fit well with ANY modern helmet is frustrating.
bighopper

Re: Helmets compatible with BMW bluetooth

Post by bighopper »

Replace the liner if your happy with the C3 Pro!
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

It's only an issue in the US I think as everywhere else we have the new System 7 helmet and new versions of the GS helmet etc
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

uscscjohn wrote: I really enjoy the ability to fully pair my 2018 r1200rt with my BMW helmet mounted bluetooth unit.  Sadly, the padding in my Schuberth c3 pro is  too old to be comfortable.  Does the BMW unit integrate well with any current iteration of any high end modular helmet?

I don't begrudge BMW the chance to force me into a proprietary system but requiring a proprietary system that doesn't fit well with ANY modern helmet is frustrating.

My wife and I have the BMW system 7 helmet not only am I pleased with the helmet but the intercom system is very good and connects to the satnav and phone. The app on my laptop has updated it recently and the speech seems clearer overall very please if a bit expensive.