R1250RT/ Nav V

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

R1250RT/ Nav V

Post by MikeS »

Does the wonder wheel on the latest RT still have the limited functionality of previous bikes? Been through previous posts and it seems that most of its menu driven with the wheel just being used to select options.

As been mentioned before the Nav can be controlled directly by the wheel on the GS. I found it quite useful to be able to zoom in /out with a quick twirl of the wheel. Could easily  be done without distraction while riding. I don't think I'll be doing it on the RT, too many menu screens to go through or trying to reach over and press the Nav screen.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: R1250RT/ Nav V

Post by Casbar »

Yes exactly the same as previous RT. The options are in the riders handbook, which can also be found online
k900r

Post by k900r »

I don’t know about the new one, I have a 2014 LC with a Nav V - you can use the wheel to switch between screens and also zoom in/out. I’ve also found it very useful while travelling to quickly zoom out to check out the route and terrain.
I’ve chosen the sat nav part of the menu as the favourite short cut (the diamond shape button above menu) so it’s one press to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

k900r wrote: I don’t know about the new one, I have a 2014 LC with a Nav V - you can use the wheel to switch between screens and also zoom in/out. I’ve also found it very useful while travelling to quickly zoom out to check out the route and terrain.
I’ve chosen the sat nav part of the menu as the favourite short cut (the diamond shape button above menu) so it’s one press to get there.

Still the same, which is basic compared to what you can do with the wonder wheel on the GS's
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

k900r wrote: I don’t know about the new one, I have a 2014 LC with a Nav V - you can use the wheel to switch between screens and also zoom in/out. I’ve also found it very useful while travelling to quickly zoom out to check out the route and terrain.

I didn't know that there was a favourite short cut button. Time to go back and read the owners manual.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Favourite for nav then press menu button once onto grip heater.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

MikeS wrote:
I didn't know that there was a favourite short cut button. Time to go back and read the owners manual.

Ah, so I’m not the only tech Luddite on here then!! Phew.....!😂😉