Bluetooth Connectivity

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
horand

Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by horand »

Hi
I have a R1200rt Iconic with the audio system. I also have a
Nav 5 a Sena 20s headset and an iPhone.
Once all items are bluetoothed together with the bike should they not automatically connect each time I turn all of them on with the bikes ignition?
All replies welcome.
Thanks
David
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Casbar »

Ok here goes. I have audio on my bike but have a Scala Packtalk. I had issues with things connecting especially when I had my iPhone connected to the Nav V and my BT connected to the Nav and the bike. So I decided to not connect my phone to the Nav and have it direct to my Helmet. So I now do not connect my Packtalk to the Nav at all. If you connect to the bike, you can hear nav instructions if your audio is on and in aux mode. My phone goes direct to the Helmet. All works and connects each time. One other point is, you can only connect two helmets to the bike if you use the BMW BT units. So if you want music to both rider and pillion from the audio, you need to have music through to one helmet, then share from BT unit to BT unit, which you can with the Packtalk. Obviously if you have your music or radio on, the Nav will pass instructions through the Helmet to Bike BT link, so as said earlier you don't need to also connect to the Nav unless you are running your phone to the Nav.
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

I always turn on the Sena prior to turning on the bike....works on the connecting most of the time, but occasionally they don't sync.BMW Bluetooth is very poor in that I think it is version 1.2 were as most comm systems are in version 4 or higher.
horand

Post by horand »

Thanks Folks
I’ll try a few of these recommendations.
Regards
D
austavla
Bike Model and Year: 2015 BMW R1200RT
Norway

Post by austavla »

Have now been able to connect Navigator 6 with 2015 R1200RT, Sena 20S and Sony Xperia X performance :-)
So now I can choose between listening to music/radio from the MC or music from Nav 6.
When I select media on the Nav 6 then the music/radio on the MC automatically stops. When I stop the media on the Nav 6, it automatically launches music/radio from the MC.

Did the following:
Unpaired helmet on MC, factory settings on Sena 20S, unpaired everything on Nav 6 and unpaired on the phone.
Then I started pairing the Sena 20S A2DP stereo with the MC, (the Sena phone button for 5sec and jog dial within 2 seconds).
Then I paired Sena 20S  with Nav 6. (Jog dial for 6sek and phone button within 2sek.)
So I paired the Nav 6 with the phone.[align=right][size=0.85em]

[/align]
It's about the Ride! For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary: for those who haven't, no explanation is possible.