bluetooth headset

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

bluetooth headset

Post by hammo »

Hi everyone , I have a Caberg fliptop helmet and am looking to buy a bluetooth accessory , however the cost of some of them is mind boggling (or i am getting to be a miser ) i obviously look at the price as well as the quality can anyone recommend a good set so i do not have to forfeit my life savings . >:(
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Re: bluetooth headset

Post by MikeS »

I have the Sena SMH5 which seems to be at the budget end of decent bluetooth comms. Basic features and ok reviews.

https://www.motorcycleintercoms.net/sena-smh5d-02-bluetooth-headset-intercom-full-face-helmet-review/

Comes in at under a 100 quid at Infinity Motorcycles and possibly cheaper if you shop around.

However, I don't use it as an intercom just for listening to music and the instructions from the satnav. Sound quality is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Cheers my friend i will give that a looking over .
ezymount

Post by ezymount »

I inherited a pair of SMH5’s when I bought my, now gone LT. Adequate for phone com, ok for radio I/F, but speakers a little lacking for music quality, ok for voice. Intercom range ok for rider/passenger, but not enough range for group coms. Battery is also ok for a long day, with consistent use, but mine would go 5-8 days of short rides, using only for phone I/F. I recently replaced mine with the 20s EVO, Much better speakers..
Jim - 2020 ‘B’