Service reminder

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
kioolt
United States of America

Service reminder

Post by kioolt »

Is there a way to display the next service date or mileage without a dealer tool or GS911?
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Service reminder

Post by David. »

Recently had my car serviced, the dealers stuck a service reminder sticker on the inside of the windscreen. As the information is written in the service book, the sticker was removed.

In the BMW Rider's Manual/Service Book, following a service, the next service due date & mileage is entered in the book.
Last edited by David. on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

The service date and mileage comes up on the Nav V (and presume Nav6) if you've got one. On the My Motorcycle page under status.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

MikeS wrote: The service date and mileage comes up on the Nav V (and presume Nav6) if you've got one. On the My Motorcycle page under status.
Haha, not on most RT's unfortunately. I have tried to get to the bottom of why my 17RT and many (most?) others can't access the My Motorcycle Page on their Nav V/6's. I've asked my three local dealers who just look at me blankly, and even tried my Nav V on my friends GS and the page comes up but goes again when I put it back on my RT. There has been quite a lot on this subject previously on this forum but it didn't ever seem to be resolved. Does anyone have any further info? I suspect its a software issue on each bike but would love to know the facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Sorry, didn't realise there had been a problem previously. Mine came off the GS and changed the info over without me having to do anything. Correct VIN, mileage etc.

Mike
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I just got told 'sorry that function doesn't work on the RT'.  Just like the sat nav lock then... Thanks BMW.

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Just out of curiosity? Have you guys tried the "my motorcycle" app whilst the nav is in your hand with the ignition switched on?
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

The 'My Motorcycle' didn't work on my 2014 RT with Nav5. But did when I put it in my 17MY RT.
My 14 RT didn't have audio, my 17RT does. From what I've read from other sites & asking BMW 'My Motorcycle' only works on bikes with audio, eg radio.

Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

smileymiley wrote: The 'My Motorcycle' didn't work on my 2014 RT with Nav5. But did when I put it in my 17MY RT.
My 14 RT didn't have audio, my 17RT does. From what I've read from other sites & asking BMW 'My Motorcycle' only works on bikes with audio, eg radio.

It works on 1250's without audio
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

PeteM wrote:
It works on 1250's without audio
Well that blows my theory out then  :(

:) :)
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
kioolt
United States of America

Post by kioolt »

simbo wrote: Just out of curiosity? Have you guys tried the "my motorcycle" app whilst the nav is in your hand with the ignition switched on?

I went out and tried it after I had reset the service reminder with my GS 911 and before I had ridden it.  It showed a date of one year from when I had reset it but showed a mileage of 6027.  I did not understand why it was not 6000.  Also, there is no need to turn on the ignition switch.  It was necessary to remove the NAV VI from the cradle.  I went to APPS, MY MOTORCYCLE, STATUS.  The status would not show while in the cradle.
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

kioolt wrote:
I went out and tried it after I had reset the service reminder with my GS 911 and before I had ridden it.  It showed a date of one year from when I had reset it but showed a mileage of 6027.  I did not understand why it was not 6000.  Also, there is no need to turn on the ignition switch.  It was necessary to remove the NAV VI from the cradle.  I went to APPS, MY MOTORCYCLE, STATUS.  The status would not show while in the cradle.

The normal reason you don't get a round miles amount is because internally it works in kilometres and then converts to miles to display. But 6027 miles is 9700 km so not sure what is going on as I am pretty sure the actual service interval is 10,000 km. It could be some weird double rounding, I've been asked add that sort of thing to business software in the past.
buzz

Post by buzz »

I can't find the service reminder on my 2016 LE with Nav V either