2008 RTP ABS - Fiesta pump replacement

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Plodbike1962

2008 RTP ABS - Fiesta pump replacement

Post by Plodbike1962 »

[size=13px]I run a R1200RTP. The brake failure light is on and I've had the system check at a dealer Coopers in Tunbridge Wells Kent. So the unit is faulty and needs attention. [/size][size=13px][size=13px][size=13px]I have read that you can replace the unit with a Ford Fiesta unit. I have now aquired a pump using the number given off another website. However the unit has two extra pipe holes obvs for 4 wheels. Can you advise which holes I should blank off and the ones I should use ? Thanks[/size]
It's a life style !
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Re: 2008 RTP ABS - Fiesta pump replacement

Post by milleplod »

Is it the motor that's u/s? If so, I think the accepted fix is to simply swap the motor over from the Fiesta unit, as they're identical. Did you do a search over on UKGSer - I assume it's you that's asked the same question over there?

Pete
Plodbike1962

Post by Plodbike1962 »

Hi Yes I did and it was where I got the info from, pump number etc. But as you say I think its a case of swaping the motor now. Unless anyone knows better. Pleas let me know. 
It's a life style !
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Post by milleplod »

You might have already spotted it, but DrFarkoff (Jay) over on UKGSer has replied saying it's just the motor that is used - his business is BMWs, so he knows his stuff!
Pete