Day Running light 2018 bike

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
austin1964

Day Running light 2018 bike

Post by austin1964 »

After 9000 miles, day running light stopped working yesterday on a 370 mile trip, pushed the BMW dealer button for nearest dealers. I ended up in Sunderland....fantastic service back on the road in 30 minutes with new lamp fitted and a cup of tea.

Anybody had issues with this lamp/bulb? Also very confused with lighting, Aux, automatic day running, dipped. All work but what's on the dash never seems to match what's happening at the front end be
gogs01

Re: Day Running light 2018 bike

Post by gogs01 »

Pleased you got sorted.

As for your confusion over lighting, I don't have auxiliary lights but my dash light is on when my dipped beam is off, and off when it's on - if you know what I mean !  ;D
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
bandytales

Re: Day Running light 2018 bike

Post by bandytales »

austin1964 wrote: After 9000 miles, day running light stopped working yesterday on a 370 mile trip, pushed the BMW dealer button for nearest dealers. I ended up in Sunderland....fantastic service back on the road in 30 minutes with new lamp fitted and a cup of tea.

Anybody had issues with this lamp/bulb? Also very confused with lighting, Aux, automatic day running, dipped. All work but what's on the dash never seems to match what's happening at the front end be

Yes me too. Several times. The lights and the lighting control are not too robust. I have had 2 lamps replaced. Now I am outside warranty, I will not replace them again of they fail. They are not that good when compared to the opposition anyway.

As for the dash warning lights...yes, they are also less than helpful in knowing what lamps are on at any given time!

So can I be of any help? Yes. Take it back to the dealer and get them sorted.