Stebel Nautilus loud horn on a 2016 R1200RT - please check yours

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Sprintgull

Stebel Nautilus loud horn on a 2016 R1200RT - please check yours

Post by Sprintgull »

Afternoon all,

Last June I fitted a Stebel Nautilus with the correct Wunderlich fitting kit and bracket to my 2016LC.  After a few interesting events, such as the horn sticking on because of a faulty relay (embarrassing) all was well and it was impressively loud.  A few weeks back, I was giving the bike a good clean and spotted rub marks along the bottom edge of the horn and some corresponding abrasions on the front brake hose.  It seems that the two contact one another, especially on left handers.  It may be that our friends at BMW were cutting brake hoses a bit long on the day they made mine because there was only about 30mm clearance between horn and hose with the bike on the side stand, so minimal scope for suspension movement.  I got the equivalent Denali and fitting kit, but it is exactly the same place.

It may be something specific to my bike as there's only one way to fit the horn using the proper kit and clearance is tight with the fork legs anyway.

All I'm suggesting is to have a quick look is you have one of these type of horns fitted because over time it could cause brake or ABS issues.  Shame, brilliant bit of kit.  I returned it and got a refund.
Attachments
DSC_1633.jpg