Fritec Charger Problem?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
guest2383

Fritec Charger Problem?

Post by guest2383 »

Hi all.I have a Fritec (Ladeprofi) charger - this is about 5 years old now.Recently, when I plug it in to the front power port (straight after shutting the engine off) all I get to start with is the green power light and a steady red on the 0 - 1/3.After about 2 mins, the red then starts to flash.Now then:
  • Am I doing something fundementally wrong (have I forgotten something that I have always done in the past)?
  • Is the charger goosed?
  • Is there a problem with the power port connection to the bike? (Bike is only 2017)
  • Is there anyone close to me that I could try the charger on their bike to prove things one way or another - I live in Wirral CH63 post code.
Any other suggestions?
Many thanks guys.

[attach=1]
Attachments
Fritec.JPG
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Fritec Charger Problem?

Post by daverj »

I live about 30 minutes away, if you don’t get it sorted give me a shout and I’ll nip round for a brew, try your charger on mine and my optimate on yours. Any excuse for a ride out 🏍
R1250RT LE
guest2383

Re: Fritec Charger Problem?

Post by guest2383 »

Problem identified with the help of daverj - charger is US!
New Optimate now ordered and should be here by Friday.
Thanks for taking the trouble to come round and help me out Dave - good to meet you and hope to see you again soon.