Nav on 2016 RT

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
guest4915

Re: Nav on 2016 RT

Post by guest4915 »

Rambler358 wrote: That's not true in the U.S.  Garmin takes care of the issue themselves.

That's always a possibility in the UK, however, on this side of the pond, the buck stops with the supplying retailer and they are always responsible for sorting out faulty goods.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Pickaxe wrote:
That's always a possibility in the UK, however, on this side of the pond, the buck stops with the supplying retailer and they are always responsible for sorting out faulty goods.

In this case, the Nav V and VI are a specific BMW model, that is built by Garmin, therefore Garmin will help with support but not fixing in Europe as the unit is BMW boxed and has a BMW part number. Once out of warranty, Garmin will help. Think of it as your sat nav in your car, its probably made by Garmin or another Alpine but the manufacturer supports it, not the maker.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Rambler358 wrote: That's not true in the U.S.  Garmin takes care of the issue themselves.

True, but as the OP is in the UK, what happens in the US is not really relevant to his purchasing decisions.
austin1964

Post by austin1964 »

Hi

Having sold my Nav 5 V to a mate (after this thread) anybody any advice re transfer of the Sat Nav, do I just re set it and it can be registered with a new email and continue with lifetime maps?

Also best place and price for a Nav 6 IV in the  UK seems to be a BMW mini dealers In https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/BMW-Motorcycle ... 87969626At £560 which seems better than going to my local dealers and paying £625!
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Just use your Garmin Express log on and register your new device. But you have to separately log onto your Garmin account to deregister your old Nav V, or the whoever you sold it do, will not get the map updates and be able to register it.

Also I only paid £560 for my Nav VI from my local BMW Motorrad dealer, they price matched the best price :)
austin1964

Post by austin1964 »

Thanks for the advice will de register the Nav 5, and pass it over to the new owner.

And find my wallet and go to Coopers/Chandlers or Vines...Oh what a choice not