Which Screen ?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: Which Screen ?

Post by hammo »

Hi in answer i replaced the screen on my 2018 RTLE with a V-Technik tourer , its fantastic completely blocks out all wind and helmet noise  all you hear is the engine purring away !!!!!
Oneillmartin

Post by Oneillmartin »

Think I will try nippy Norman soo
garr2

Post by garr2 »

Are they hard to change?

As Bobf said easy to change  - only 6 screws. BUT don't over tighten those screws when installing. The instructions I received with my Werks Quiet Ride said, to avoid stress cracks, install using a calibrated torque wrench set at 35 inch pounds. But if when taking off the old screen you make a mental note of how much turning force you needed to use on the screw driver to back the screw out (certainly not a huge amount), then use that much again to put the screws back in you should be right. But the message is clear  - Don't over tighten!

Ian
Farkle1

Post by Farkle1 »

100% Agree with all previous comments on Terry's Quiet Ride shield. Blew me away the difference from stock on my 2018 RT. Great customer service and a great product. Clive
wbrenner

Post by wbrenner »

What I found out, by speaking both with Werks and 7Jrock, is that the screens are not identical. If I got it right, the Werks design was made by 7Jrock, but that Werks, for some reason, insisted that 7Jrock marketed windscreens be made with a slightly different design.  Terry at Werks thinks that his could still be a better design, and that it is made with a higher grade of plastic.  I was disappointed to hear that from both of them - I am 20 miles from 7Jrock, and could have picked up the windscreen today.
I have no way of knowing if the protection offered by 7Jrock is as good as a windscreen ordered from Werks.  Was going on a road trip with my passenger today, and wanted to help bring her into the still air pocket.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Terry who owns Werks sometimes posts on here. But when I bought mine, I also exchanged emails with Werks and I understood the screens were exactly the same, unless something has changed. The reason to buy from Werks was a better price and shipping costs were lower to the UK.
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Post by slparry »

hammo wrote: Hi Everyone ,
Just had a good run on my 2018 RTLE today , i have the sports screen and i find it does not give full wind and noise protection so i am on the lookout for a replacement , have looked at Werks , and V-Technik but i need some advice , i am 5" 10" and my inside leg is 32" any advice as regards to which gives full protection is very welcome .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-BMW-R-1 ... SwqctceipV
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

Casbar wrote: Terry who owns Werks sometimes posts on here. But when I bought mine, I also exchanged emails with Werks and I understood the screens were exactly the same, unless something has changed. The reason to buy from Werks was a better price and shipping costs were lower to the UK.

Something did change. Due to one person that continually posted on forums that you could buy the same windshield from another place for less money. Yes, I allowed Julio to sell the windshield I developed. We are a partner in this and it benefits both of us. But he understands that I spend a lot of money and time advertising. We had an agreement that "his" version was always more expensive. Which is was, except that some could not figure out how to add shipping to an actual cost!

So, we decided to fix that. Now you can ONLY get a WERKS Quiet Ride in the shape we know works so well from me, WERKS Parts LLC.

I wish I had a better way to get these to owners in Europe and Australia. Shipping costs are very high for a large package!
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Terry, I buy a few bits off of Mike at Sportouring.co.uk, I mentioned your screens to him. He is the importer and sells Illium Works parts in the UK and uses his own courier to ship from the US, which is way cheaper than Illium were charging. Perhaps it might be worth having a chat to him.