Left hand switchgear dead....

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
The Vulcan

Left hand switchgear dead....

Post by The Vulcan »

Hi

The left hand switchgear and wonderwheel on my 2014 LE is dead - nothing working. The audio system is also not switching on.

Now I’ve checked the 7.5amp circuit fuse in slot 2 under the seat which according to the handbook covers “left hand switchgear, audio and tpms” - it’s ok. Tried a different fuse anyway for elimination purposes - nothing!

Any ideas? Anyone had anything similar?

Many thanks!

Eric
Sleuth

Re: Left hand switchgear dead....

Post by Sleuth »

Have a word with your dealer.

About that sort of time the RT switch gear was having major quality issues.  My 2010RT went through switch gears like it was candy.  They were replaced under warranty, eventually BMW managed to get it under control.

I am not sure if they still replace these things, as it was rather expensive to replace.

You never know, stranger things have happened!

Best regards
Sleuth
Best regards, Sleuth
austin1964

Post by austin1964 »

Yep fairly normal think we are on version 15 of this switch cluster now, I had a K1600 same thing fix under warranty...I seem to remember it's around £500 job eecckk
The Vulcan

Post by The Vulcan »

Thanks - was hoping that it wasn’t the well documented failure as the audio on the same circuit had gone too......

Bracing myself for a big bill though as I think bmw stopped replacing these foc around the time mine was built.....

Will call dealer and see what they say....