NAV 5 Pairing !

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
ezymount

NAV 5 Pairing !

Post by ezymount »

what a pain in the butt !  Pairing NAV to Sena 20 EVO was a real effort ! Dealer did pairing for me, as I could not get it to work. Tech told me all RT’s are a pain to pair. Once done, all is good. Music sound quality is very good.
Jim - 2020 ‘B’
gogs01

Re: NAV 5 Pairing !

Post by gogs01 »

ezymount wrote: ..... Tech told me all RT’s are a pain to pair .....

Why all RTs ?
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Mine took a couple of seconds, admittedly with a Nav 6
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

ezymount wrote: what a pain in the butt !  Pairing NAV to Sena 20 EVO was a real effort ! Dealer did pairing for me, as I could not get it to work. Tech told me all RT’s are a pain to pair. Once done, all is good. Music sound quality is very good.

Think your tech is talking rubbish, mine was dead easy to do and took minutes and has been rock solid for 3 years. Although I have a scala and not a Sena, so not sure if that makes any difference
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Casbar wrote:
Think your tech is talking rubbish, mine was dead easy to do and took minutes and has been rock solid for 3 years. Although I have a scala and not a Sena, so not sure if that makes any difference

Ditto, paired mine straight away in 2016 and it has stayed paired ever since.  Using an Interphone headset.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Pairing Sena and Nav 5 has also been painless for me. My trouble starts when I try to add a mobile phone to the mix. Then it becomes hit or miss. Mostly miss.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Lucky wrote: Pairing Sena and Nav 5 has also been painless for me. My trouble starts when I try to add a mobile phone to the mix. Then it becomes hit or miss. Mostly miss.

I had the same experience with my Scala Packtalk and my Nav V. In the end I paired my phone direct to the Scala and ignored the Nav V. Sometimes it would connect sometimes it wouldn't.

I have now tried again with my Nav VI and everything seems to connect 1st time, its only been a week so not convinced yet. Someone else also had their phone paired to the BT headset and the Nav, which is the route I have now taken as I really wanted my phone to my Scala as I ride other bikes that do not have Nav. I once asked Scala if this would work or cause a conflict, they told me it would cause a conflict, but I've got to say it seems fine when I take a call, the Nav takes control of the phone. But again, early days yet.