Intercom recommendations

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Intercom recommendations

Post by daverj »

I’m currently using a Schuberth helmet with the built in Cardo system. I’m having lots of problems with pairing to bike and Nav system and when I finally get it working as it should they soon stop working if I stop and disconnect. So any recommendations mainly used for nav instructions and listening to music. TIA
R1250RT LE
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Re: Intercom recommendations

Post by BoB21 »

No radio use interphone sport easy to work. Music on memory card.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

Is your music on the nav or via the bikes audio?
R1250RT LE
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

i used to use a Cardo system - it was such a success I got my money back and went with Sena (SMH10)! be

After many years with a Sena intercom working as it should, I am now considering replacing it.  My choice is quite simple Bloothtooth (Sena) or go old school - Wired (Autocom)

There are advantages & disadvantages for each.

Currently I am favouring the wired set-up.

If you are thinking of going Bluetooth - I would recommend Sena.

Best regards
Sleuth
Best regards, Sleuth
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I have had a Cardo Packtalk for 5 years, been fautless, brilliant bit of kit. I did have a Sena 20s but it was rubbish, think they released that model before it was really ready, probably ok now. But returned it, got my money back and bought the Packtalk. Best decision I made. Moved away from wired years ago, after my pillion cable to the helmet came undone on the motorway and the cable wrapped around my rear sprocket. That was the end of wired for me. The latest BT kit is pretty good now. Sena or Cardo both have their fans and both have had their issues.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

I went for the Interphone (urban) intercom. Connected to phone and bike Audio system with no problems, just need to try it on the road to see how easy it is to get on with. Thanks for everyone’s input.
R1250RT LE
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

if you have music on card in nav and cant hear anything but it showing as playing on nav. switch off intercom and switch back on and push play on nav. Long story !!! hope that helps in advance pm if have problem.
daverj
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

Will look out for that on my test run, thanks
R1250RT LE
DavidMcK

Post by DavidMcK »

Sleuth wrote:
Currently I am favouring the wired set-up.

If you are thinking of going Bluetooth - I would recommend Sena.

Best regards
Sleuth

Hi Sleuth, I have used Autocom since 2005, but, I have now moved to the Sena SRL with the Neotech II helmet.

It is superb and I would not go back to a wired system.

Thought I would pass this on.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

I started with my own construction and build of Intercom - Then ended on several versions of Autocom. Some slightly modified by me.
Autocom - do work grate for the price

Then ended up on AKE - systems at https://shop.ake-electronic.com/  - works grate - and super sound quality. - The best wired system I have ever owned.

Then I would like to try some BT units - First the old BMW 2.1 in my BMW-6 helmet - did not really like it - no good sound from it

Then I bought a Schuberth C4 with integrated Sena BT - with remote control and everything.
Well I never got really friend with the C4 - not hing really wrong with it, but not "mine"
And the Sena BT in it - did not really work for me. Missing Sound quality, and general usage - no - not really

Then got me a BMW 7 and the new BT system - and this helmet soutes me better - and sorry to say, but the BT just works
Yes - a bit of old technology in it - but it just works - after two months of usage - not a single hiccup

I had to pad out the speakers a bit to soute my ears a bit better - and sound - well not HiFi - but works good for me 

So BMW-7 - and BMW BT - is the best option for me - (for now :-) )

STeinar
Last edited by STeinar on Thu May 23, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAF

Post by LAF »

STeinar wrote: I started with my own construction and build of Intercom - Then ended on several versions of Autocom. Some slightly modified by me.
Autocom - do work grate for the price

Then ended up on AKE - systems at https://shop.ake-electronic.com/  - works grate - and super sound quality. - The best wired system I have ever owned.

Then I would like to try some BT units - First the old BMW 2.1 in my BMW-6 helmet - did not really like it - no good sound from it

Then I bought a Schuberth C4 with integrated Sena BT - with remote control and everything.
Well I never got really friend with the C4 - not hing really wrong with it, but not "mine"
And the Sena BT in it - did not really work for me. Missing Sound quality, and general usage - no - not really

Then got me a BMW 7 and the new BT system - and this helmet soutes me better - and sorry to say, but the BT just works
Yes - a bit of old technology in it - but it just works - after two months of usage - not a single hiccup

I had to pad out the speakers a bit to soute my ears a bit better - and sound - well not HiFi - but works good for me 

So BMW-7 - and BMW BT - is the best option for me - (for now :-) )

STeinar
So who do you think makes the BMW helmet and the BT module in it?
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

LAF wrote: So who do you think makes the BMW helmet and the BT module in it?

Well - the helmet I do not know. Before there was an label inside - telling the produsent - but not any longer ...
The BT is made by Siemens - Germany.  It says Siemens all over the module.
I have seen someone writing on the web - that it was Sena, But at least on my BT - it says Siemens.  Same as the one for the System-6
It looks somewhat similar to the one for the System-6, but slightly different.  Same battery btw.
The buttons on the side of the helmet - is all different to System-6
Steinar