Innovv C5 Helmet Camera

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Innovv C5 Helmet Camera

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi All.
I'm considering a Innovv C5 Helmet camera as my Drift HD has given up.

Does anybody have the C5 helmet setup that can provide some feed back/review.

Cheers
k900r

Re: Innovv C5 Helmet Camera

Post by k900r »

I have an INNOVV C5 and tried using it as a helmet cam for a while. Because it needs constant power I used either a power pack or put the DVR in my tank bag and fed the power from the 12v socket.
It worked ok but having a cable basically attaching me to the bike proved to be a pain in the a*** to be honest. I tried using a Velcro type attachment to make removing it easier as I got off the bike but it was still awkward. I also tried putting the DVR in a pocket and powering it from a power pack but that came with it’s own challenges.
I have since wired up the C5 as a dash cam on the bike itself (lens under the headlight and DVR installed just inside the left body panel next to the seat and hardwired). It starts recording automatically when the bike starts and stops after it does.
I now use the drift ghost X as a helmet cam and find it much better.
In fact I like the ghost X much more than either the C5 or my previous Roadhawk ride setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I've been using the Drift Ghost since December as a Helmet cam and have been really pleased with it. I did buy the bigger battery, which gives me about 7.5 hours of recording time. Also been out in some heavy rain and had no issues without using the waterproof plastic cover.
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Thanks for the info guys, I'll order a new Drift instead.

Casbar
What size card are you using and what frame setting, as 7.5 hours is ample for most day trips.

Cheers
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

michaelc2710 wrote: Thanks for the info guys, I'll order a new Drift instead.

Casbar
What size card are you using and what frame setting, as 7.5 hours is ample for most day trips.

Cheers

I'm using a 64Gb card and recording in 1080 on wide angle. I use mine on 10mins loop for safety purposes, but the card easily holds 2 days of footage before it overwrites other segments. One thing to remember is you need to charge the internal battery and the add on battery, so best to charge the whole camera as opposed to just the battery. If you buy off of Motocentral and use the code UKGSERS you'll get 10% off, but I had to order the larger battery direct from Drift.
michaelc2710
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Cheers for the heads up on the 10% code as now ordered.
:)

Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 217 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

I have a C5 as a fitted bike cam having bought it to replace a Dogcam Bullet + that let in water and rusted up. So far the C5 has proved to be pretty good, I don't think it has the best definition for reading reg. nos. but then it isn't the price of a GoPro...

Fitting, when I found somewhere suitable, was easy and setting up relatively painless. When I swap it across to the RT I'll probably put it as a rear viewing cam and use a Sena helmet cam for the front view.