"service" notification on the display

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
BBT600

"service" notification on the display

Post by BBT600 »

My 2009 is showing the "SERVICE" notification on the instruments display. I`m unlikely to be using a BMW dealer to service the bike from now on due to its age and high main dealer service costs. Is it possible to remove this notification without going through BMW?
bandytales

Re: "service" notification on the display

Post by bandytales »

BBT600 wrote: My 2009 is showing the "SERVICE" notification on the instruments display. I`m unlikely to be using a BMW dealer to service the bike from now on due to its age and high main dealer service costs. Is it possible to remove this notification without going through BMW?

Yes it is possible to remove it. You will need the likes of a GS911 diagnostics tool and a laptop/computer. You connect the GS911 to the bike's diagnostics port, connect the GS911 to the laptop, get onto the Hexcode website and then clear the code. While you are there, you also can interrogate the bike for any other faults and clear them.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

You might find the GS911 expensive if all you want to do is clear the 'service' notification. I have seen adverts from people offering to clear the code, albeit, at a cost.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

BBT600 wrote:I'm unlikely to be using a BMW dealer to service the bike from now on due to its age and high main dealer service costs. Is it possible to remove this notification without going through BMW?
Yes, the Workshop at York, http://www.theworkshopyork.com/ isn't far from Leeds.
buzz

Post by buzz »

I also use Paul at the Workshop at York to service my bike, he does a first class job at a good price
BBT600

Post by BBT600 »

Thanks Folks, excellent support as always. I`ll def try this guy in York over the next couple of weeks. It needs a once over before our main holiday in a few weeks time.