Bikes radio not coming through to the Sena 20s

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
horand

Bikes radio not coming through to the Sena 20s

Post by horand »

All
I’m still struggling with getting the bikes radio to connect with the Sena headset.
I have the helmet and the bike and the Nav V1 paired.
The Nav I s communicating with the headset ok. The bikes Radio is playing through the dash speakers. When I turn the speakers off should the headset pick up the radio transmission?
I have purposely removed my phone from the equation!
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Bikes radio not coming through to the Sena 20s

Post by Casbar »

horand wrote: All
I’m still struggling with getting the bikes radio to connect with the Sena headset.
I have the helmet and the bike and the Nav V1 paired.
The Nav I s communicating with the headset ok. The bikes Radio is playing through the dash speakers. When I turn the speakers off should the headset pick up the radio transmission?
I have purposely removed my phone from the equation!
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks

You have to pair your helmet with the bike Bluetooth as well, if the speakers are working there is no BT connection with the bike.. You can also pair with the Nav if you want your phone paired to the Nav. But if you don't want to pair with the Nav, the other option is to pair your phone direct to the helmet as well. You will still get Nav instructions if you have the radio on and if you don't want the radio or music on, switch the radio to aux and the Nav will work. Dissadvantage of the above is no phone on the Nav. I also find that I need to switch on the BT unit on the Helmet before I switch the bike on, then it all pairs every time.

horand

Post by horand »

I have the helmet i.e.Sena bluetoothed with the bike?
kioolt
United States of America

Post by kioolt »

It should work if you correctly paired the headset to the bike and have the speakers turned off.  When you did the pairing you did go through the wonder wheel menus didn't you?
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
horand

Post by horand »

Yes I paired using the wonder wheel.
After pairing the bike shows the Sena paired and the Nav VI.
When I turn the speakers off I understand that the radio should then transmit directly to the Sena headset?
This is not happening?
R2K

Post by R2K »

horand wrote: Yes I paired using the wonder wheel.
After pairing the bike shows the Sena paired and the Nav VI.
When I turn the speakers off I understand that the radio should then transmit directly to the Sena headset?
This is not happening?
You do not pair the bike to the Nav VI you pair it directly to the Sena.  And you pair the Sena to the Nav VI. Tun the Bluetooth on the Nav VI off when you pair the Sena to the bike.  Pair the bike to the Sena using the Mobile phone procedure. And the Nav VI to the SENA using second mobile phone pairing procedure.  Finally pair your phone to the Nav VI and don’t have the bike on when you do that.  Before you start clear all pairing on the Sena and the bike.  And delete the bike pairing from your Nav VI. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
horand

Post by horand »

Many Thanks
I’ll give this a go and will let you know.
I’m away for  a while and will advise revert in due course.
Many Thanks
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

R2K wrote: You do not pair the bike to the Nav VI you pair it directly to the Sena.  And you pair the Sena to the Nav VI. Tun the Bluetooth on the Nav VI off when you pair the Sena to the bike.  Pair the bike to the Sena using the Mobile phone procedure. And the Nav VI to the SENA using second mobile phone pairing procedure.  Finally pair your phone to the Nav VI and don’t have the bike on when you do that.  Before you start clear all pairing on the Sena and the bike.  And delete the bike pairing from your Nav VI. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I said, you can also not bother with the Nav VI pairing to the Sena if your not bothered about using the nav for calls. If you are paired with the bike and have audio, Nav instructions will automatically come over that link if you have the radio on or radio on and aux selected. You can pair your phone direct to the Sena missing out the Nav VI, obviously you will get calls, but not have access to the phone book through the Nav. I actually have my phone paired to the headset and the Nav VI, but I no longer have audio on my new 1250
horand

Post by horand »

Success at last but wait for it!!!

I’m not entirely sure what I have done??!
Everything seems to be paired to everything else!!!!
Hopefully I can replicate this next time.
Many thanks for all inputs.
Regards
David
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

I use the 20s as well.

Struggled to get it set up and ended up not connecting to the Nav VI.
20s is now set up with the mobile phone and the BMW music system
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
horand

Post by horand »

Does this mean you do not get navigation instructions or warnings to your Sena headset from the Nav VI?
stayingupright

Post by stayingupright »

No I don't but am quite happy not getting my music constantly interupted.
The screen is directly in front of me so have no problems keeping up with it.
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

stayingupright wrote: No I don't but am quite happy not getting my music constantly interupted.
The screen is directly in front of me so have no problems keeping up with it.

When the Nav VI is in the cradle and the bike is fitted with an audio pack, then the turn instructions from the Nav should interrupt the radio. That's the way it works on my bike.

John Bentall